3.1 wiring diagram

Hello everbody! Just tearing into my recently acquired 3.1`s and I will be darned if i cannot find a wiring diagram for these things that shows what wires go where including wire colors and polarity of the colors.

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Hopefully you labled as you went and took pictures... There are diagrams in a sticky in the vintage section here.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    There is no wiring diagram available.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• FestYboy
    edited April 2018
    F1nut wrote: »
    There is no wiring diagram available.

Damn. I would have thought the sticky thread would have had it...

Well, back the the tried and true notes and pics method. Or grab the ear of a member who has a pair for their insight.

edit: found it!!! http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/55888/polk-audio-speaker-wiring-schematics-more-stereo-dimensional-array-sda#latest

3rd from the bottom of the big boy list, looks like this:
    9ghcjgxfri09.png
  • FestYboy
    ^ interesting, the diagram above suggests that the 6503s are all run in parallel... Shouldn't they be in series-parallel to quell some of the load?
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    FestYboy wrote: »

OP is looking for the wiring diagram "that shows what wires go where including wire colors and polarity of the colors", not the schematic.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Viking64 wrote: »

OP is looking for the wiring diagram "that shows what wires go where including wire colors and polarity of the colors", not the schematic.

reading is fundamental Jim.
    there is no 3.1 wiring diagram on that page....
    @FestYboy boy is showing the only item for 3.1
  • FestYboy
    A bit of backwards sluthing will reveal the wire colors and their polarity.
  • pitdogg2
    white and black more than likely to stereo drivers and blue or yellow and green to SDA driver. tweeter should be self explanatory. Stereo wire harness from XO up should just meet each driver. It should not be that hard.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    reading is fundamental Jim.
    there is no 3.1 wiring diagram on that page....
    @FestYboy boy is showing the only item for 3.1

He quoted F1nut who said there was no wiring diagram on the sticky SDA page, and then he edited to say that he found it. Then he posted the schematic. The OP obviously couldn't find the wiring diagram last night, just the schematic. I couldn't find the wiring diagram last night because there wasn't one. Just the schematic. Jesse posted the same thing this morning. FestYBoy found the schematic, which isn't what the OP was looking for. That's all I was saying. If he was posting the only thing that was on the page, as you say, why would he say "Found it!!!!"? A day late and a dollar short. :p

• FestYboy
    What if I'm color blind? :p
  • The reason I ask is that somebody got into these cabinets before me and I need to make sure everything is hooked up correctly. I see some confusing wiring going on such as a stereo driver that has both black and white leads crimped together on one connector leaving me questioning the polarity of this particular driver. Plus one of the sda drivers was missing when I got them so I have no idea what the polarity of the green and blue sda wires are. I could pull the other sda driver and just assume that it’s hooked up correctly phase wise, but making assumptions has gotten me in trouble in the past lol
  • pitdogg2
    blue is positive and green well is negative like on 99.9999999 % of stuff. That crimped B/W wire is correct and normal.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    What if I'm color blind? :p

Then grey to array ground and greyer to positive...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    The reason I ask is that somebody got into these cabinets before me and I need to make sure everything is hooked up correctly. I see some confusing wiring going on such as a stereo driver that has both black and white leads crimped together on one connector leaving me questioning the polarity of this particular driver. Plus one of the sda drivers was missing when I got them so I have no idea what the polarity of the green and blue sda wires are. I could pull the other sda driver and just assume that it’s hooked up correctly phase wise, but making assumptions has gotten me in trouble in the past lol

If I remember correctly, two of the drivers are wired in parallel and then the next two are connected serially and are parallel to each other in order to balance the ohms (load). Made sense once I did an ohm calculation....I will be taking my 3.1s down to bare cabinets for a refurb and can verify then, but that’s probably a few months away.

• pitdogg2
    And this pertains to this thread how?^^^^^