For sale - Infinity RSIIIb - Sold

dromunds
dromunds Posts: 9,969
edited October 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
This is the true vintage Infinity sound. I just had new surrounds done professionally on all four woofers. Emit tweeters. Good grills, cabs decent but prior owner drilled four holes in top of each cabinet, not noticeable from listening position. I considered parting them out, and I could get more money doing so, but they are too nice of a speaker to do that. I have some Kappa 8's and need to lighten the herd. Local sale only. They are presently located in Madison, Wisconsin. Includes original base for each speaker. 100 post Polkie good standing minimum. $275 in my pocket paypal F&F, cash or check if I know you.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Oh the memories :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    What, did he have them strung from the ceiling!?
  • dromunds
    Could never figure it out, but strung from the ceiling has come to mind. Lol.
  • dromunds
    Price reduction: $250 in my pocket. This is the classic Infinity sound here, woofers all professionally refoamed.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Ah these are the speakers I would see on eBay and it would make me jealous! Too far away for me though. Deal here folks!
    GLWTS
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Pretty nice, especially for the coin. Whoever snags these, think about power as these are a bit power hungry. Buy with confidence, great seller.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Nice price, but too far way. WTF was the previous owner smoking when he thought that drilling holes in the top of these was a good idea?
    Main System:
    Proton AA-1150 ~ Yamaha C-4 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Sennheiser HD600 ~ Monitor Audio Silver RS8 & FB210 ~ Martin Logan Dynamo ~ Teac R-919X ~ Marantz CD5003 ~ Squeezebox Classic ~ Music Hall dac25.2 ~ Dual 1229/Acutex M312 III STR ~ Music Hall mmf-5.1/Goldring 1012GX ~ Music Hall Cruise Control 2.0

Home Theater:
    Vizio V585-H11 ~ Yamaha RX-V800 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Marantz DV6001 ~ EPI M90 ~ Polk Audio RT35i ~ CS400i ~ (2) Polk Audio PSW450

• dromunds
    Smoking his lunch I think. Lol.
  • dromunds
    I’m going to put these RS IIIb’s back up for sale - $200 in my pocket, PayPal F&F, cash or check if I know you. I had all woofers professionally refoamed. I may part out but would prefer not to. Classic Infinity sound here. Presently located in Madison, Wisconsin
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I've saw these myself years ago and they are in great condition (minus the holes). Lots of fun history for me on how these got to Don, but thats a story for another time.

Buy with confidence.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I JUST heard a set over at my old friends house a minute ago. The pr. I was supposed to buy and then re-foam but the seller messed up and my friend got to buy them and he did a great job re-foaming the woofers. They look brand new again.

They sounded so fine, it makes me cry. But he needed them more than I did, kind-of.

200.00 is a fantastically low price! GLWTS. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    I have a pair of RSIIIa, and they are great speakers. They are not small in size OR sound...impressive in both respects. That's a crazy low price...GLWTS!
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Oh man, I want these... but halfway across the country is a little too far of a drive. ;)
    I can tell anyone interested that these are awesome speakers, and at an incredible price too.
    GLWTS. :)
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Had a pair of these in the 80's I bought new. Wish I still had them.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Sent you a text, Don.
  • dromunds
    I'm holding these for daboyz currently
  • dromunds
    Please mark these as sold! Thank you
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited October 2018
    One possible future regretful seller and one happy buyer now. ;)

I've heard the Kappa 7's and they were outstanding too. I almost bought a set of your Kappa 8's a couple of months ago from Raliegh! But I really don't have room to properly set them up AT ALL.

Keeping these RSIII's in our family is a good thing. B)

These are True GEMS of the speaker world!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • dromunds
    Yes, they just got picked up and I’m glad they went to Daboyz and stayed in the family. I still have a pair of Kappa 8’s that I rotated into my 2 channel last night. Those EMIT tweeters are nice and the bass those Infinity’s put out is quite impressive. I always liked that vintage Infinity sound. Just have too many speakers and had to thin the herd. Still need to do some more thinning. May put some more gear up for sale soon.