PSB Image 5t

tonyb
tonyb Posts: 32,906
Anyone have an ear on these ? Fill me in...as a set came up locally for 250. Seems like a good deal and good reviews.
HT SYSTEM-
Sony 850c 4k
Pioneer elite vhx 21
Sony 4k BRP
SVS SB-2000
Polk Sig. 20's
Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
Grant Fidelity tube dac
B&k 1420
lsi 9's

Comments

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    edited April 2018
    I have the Image 7PT, which is the same thing as the 5T with an added powered sub section below. I enjoyed them. I haven't had them hooked up in 10 years. I'll probably put them on the variac this weekend and get them hooked back up so I can get a refresher. I'm practically giving away the 7PT, 9C center and 10S dipole surrounds, just a few pesos more than what they're asking for the 5's. IF we can find a time to get them to you you're more than welcome to take them for a drive around the block and see if you think they're for you or not. The towers come with a metal outrigger that is functional, however, if I was to put them in service again I'd probably make a new set just a bit thicker...maybe out of 3/8's stock.

This pic is what I have minus the sub.
    https://www.soundandvision.com/floorloudspeakers/87zaf0285kzwe9.jpg
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Thanks for the offer Kerry, but I'm not really looking for a complete system, just some towers for the front. Thought someone might expand a bit on their sound signature. Plus I'm done with the powered tower thing. Generous offer though, thanks man.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    No sweat, man. I bought the 7's because I got a great deal on them, and, I didn't care for the way the 5, or 6, handled bass. My first experience with that line was a pair of 2B's I had paired with a Velodyne sub. Liked that set up a lot. A buddy loved it and talked me in to selling them to him and me getting a complete HT setup. The 7's do a good job at presenting a smooth sound throughout the entire range. I felt like the 5 and 6 both had humps or dips. But, I was young back then, and, I haven't had ears on them in 10 years.

I did have concerns at the time about buying a pair of speakers that had am integral amp that might be costly to replace, or worse, impossible to replace in the future.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    To me on this line, the magic on the PSB doesn't happen until the imagine series. T or t2.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.