High-Res Led Zep - How The West Was Won

BlueFox
BlueFox Posts: 15,251
Just released, and re-mastered by Jimmy Page into 96/24. Downloaded it now, and will listen tonight when I get home.
Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Do you have an original to compare to and review against? I'm curious to the outcome.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    I do and they are now the DVD-A is quite pricey.
  • BlueFox
    edited March 2018
    No, this is the first live Zep I have bought. I have all the studio album remasters.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited March 2018
    I had the original CD but a "friend" just happened to have left it in a car that he sold. Yeah, right. :/

I don't happen to believe in "karma", be he is the same guy that got killed near Orlando while texting on a sport bike.
  • BlueFox
    Evolution in action.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    It is also available now on Tidal Masters section. Sound damn fine.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I got the notification online and listened to the sample of "Immigrant Song". Does anybody know what show that is from? I had an early Zep bootleg with "Immigrant Song" on it, but the solo was different.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I listened to it on tidal. I have a Lumin so it supports full MQA. It sounded wonderful, the bass on dazed and confused is awesome. The MQA beats the original version on my rig. I’m sure the remastered you picked up is fantastic.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • BlueFox
    I was amazed at how good a 72 recording turned out. Jimmy Page is pretty good at these re-masters. Maybe he should contract out to make a few spare dollars. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    I purchased the BluRay Audio, it will be a while before I get to play it, but these seem to go pretty fast so I jumped before they are gone..
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Just released, and re-mastered by Jimmy Page into 96/24. Downloaded it now, and will listen tonight when I get home.

Where did you get it?
  • BlueFox
    HD Tracks

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Just go to Led Zeppelin’s website and see the different ways you can purchase this, Vinyl, CD, DVD, BluRay, Digital Download HiRez, The DVD Audio only comes in the Vinyl, CD Package..
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Playing right now through my phone to my fiio to my Grados at work. So far so good.
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    ^Just ordered it from Amazon.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    What I wouldn't do to go back in time and attend this concert.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I passed up a chance to see them in ‘75. Big frickin’ regret ever since. Yes also right before that. Both long drives with crazy lunatic friends but no guts no glory, right? I’ve seen a ton of bands but those two I’ve always regretted missing.
  • stuwee
    stuwee Posts: 1,508
    dromunds wrote: »
    I passed up a chance to see them in ‘75. Big frickin’ regret ever since. Yes also right before that. Both long drives with crazy lunatic friends but no guts no glory, right? I’ve seen a ton of bands but those two I’ve always regretted missing.

Don't feel too bad, I saw them in '77 at the St. Louis Blues Arena, had upper balcony second row seats, stage right, mid hall, I was 16, the smoke coming up from the floor was overpowering, I remember some nice things, like the girl I was with hitting my shoulder yelling "he's got the bow, he's got the bow"!! John Bonham was on fire that night, wicked good licks and a smirk to match B)

I have the original WTWWW, and it sounds very nice to me, if I could get the last 'nth out of the percussion and JP's bass on a couple of favs, I might spend the $$'s...my Martin Logan Summit's aren't the last word in the bass that most rockers crave but, if it's there they will reproduce it down to the low 22hz in realness set up properly with the room.

A live concert of the Zep is not what my system is set up for, WTWWW still rocks my last good nerve, 300+wpc from the big SAE in a small, tight room, WooF!!!
    Thorens TD125MKII, SME3009,Shure V15/ Teac V-8000S, Denon DN-790R cass, Teac 3340 RtR decks, Onix CD2...Sumo Electra Plus pre>SAE A1001 amp>Martin Logan Summit's
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    ^ That S.A.E. amp is one valuable piece of kit! I had S.A.E. gear in the 70's and early 80's and still have a Mark IIIa amp in storage. Their meter amps were sweet.
  • Larry let me borrow his copy a couple weeks back. I gotta say it's pretty awesome!
    The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors