DAC Shoot off!

2»

Comments

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    edited March 2018
    secret weapon in place and burning in. so far OMG, LOOKOUT !! :D
    that AK4497 better be pretty good. AK4490 looking to kick butt. :p
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    You and Kerri started this! its MAY MADNESS :p

got me some Telsa Red tips + Philips Miniwatt Rectifier, so you Bring it ON Brother!
    but that being my ear's are not not Danny's ;)
    Think NS DACS would probable rule the show? best I've heard so far!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Sounds cool Darryl, wish I could attend the shootout. Looking forward to reading listening impressions and seeing some photos.

Did read this right, that you're going to have your own hotel room setup with a high end system as well? So cool. :D
    voltz wrote: »
    I will be at LSAF and i hope other will bring there stuff up to it to have a DAC shoot off.

I offer my Room which will have Usher Mini X's speakers with Acoustic Zen Satori cables and I hope Joey will put his gear where his mouth is and show up to give us other DAC's to compare??? Come on Joey! how about it???

• voltz
    edited March 2018
    DSkip wrote: »
    Let's not risk getting tossed out this year. I'm surprised they are even letting us back after the shenanigans last year.

Totally agree Skip, the LSAF is the best thing that has ever happen to me. I worship this show and what it means to the Audio group. And I thank you and you Texas Boyz for sharing it with me! So many of the old Regulars at the LSAF are so special and have made this show a joy to my ear's and heart!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Shootout needs to be set up night before,
    Shootout begin after coffee/breakfast,

So we can get a good sober evaluation :):):)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • voltz
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Sounds cool Darryl, wish I could attend the shootout. Looking forward to reading listening impressions and seeing some photos.

Did read this right, that you're going to have your own hotel room setup with a high end system as well? So cool. :D
    I will be at LSAF and i hope other will bring there stuff up to it to have a DAC shoot off.

I offer my Room which will have Usher Mini X's speakers with Acoustic Zen Satori cables and I hope Joey will put his gear where his mouth is and show up to give us other DAC's to compare??? Come on Joey! how about it???

Drew this is a special event! and a must attend in my books! someday I hope to see you there! You would love what you hear and the wonderful people you will meet there beside all the wonderful polkies!

Very Many DIY people sharing there stuff and all a love for this Special show!

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    You and Kerri started this! its MAY MADNESS :p

got me some Telsa Red tips + Philips Miniwatt Rectifier, so you Bring it ON Brother!
    but that being my ear's are not not Danny's ;)
    Think NS DACS would probable rule the show? best I've heard so far!

i didn't start this, just trying to play catch up :D
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Wish I could be there. I would bring some niiiiceee Canadian bacon! Aka the silent killer.
    hsudphanpgd2.jpeg
    8ppv0exh4gey.jpeg
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

No Bloody Mary's in the morning?
  • txcoastal1
    edited March 2018
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

No Bloody Mary's in the morning?

Mmmmm, well...ehhhh.....OK you twisted my arm...

ROOM SERVICE, please send up dozen Bloody Mary's please
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    Wish I could be there. I would bring some niiiiceee Canadian bacon! Aka the silent killer.
    hsudphanpgd2.jpeg
    8ppv0exh4gey.jpeg

What dac is that?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Joey_V wrote: »
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    hsudphanpgd2.jpeg
    8ppv0exh4gey.jpeg

What dac is that?

DITTO
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • txcoastal1