New to polk, trying to match speakers

somubtech
somubtech Posts: 2
edited March 2018 in Speakers
Hi,

I've T15's for front (left and right) and rear (left and right).

I am looking for a center now. Confused between CS10 and T30. I am finding some good deals on CS10 but curious, if its a good match? How about T30? Which is the better match for T15.

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I think you should stay in the same series
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    afterburnt wrote: »

While generally speaking I think that's a good rule of thumb (and I used to stick to it), as you can see from my sig I have experimented with centers and I think that with good calibration setups you can get away with mismatched front speakers and not notice a problem. This is especially true with polk speakers that have a "house" sound to them.

I know that @mrloren just upgraded to a CSi A6 to go with S60 towers and is very happy with the blend. I would go with the biggest, highest end polk center you can afford.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • rooftop59 wrote: »

While generally speaking I think that's a good rule of thumb (and I used to stick to it), as you can see from my sig I have experimented with centers and I think that with good calibration setups you can get away with mismatched front speakers and not notice a problem. This is especially true with polk speakers that have a "house" sound to them.

I know that @mrloren just upgraded to a CSi A6 to go with S60 towers and is very happy with the blend. I would go with the biggest, highest end polk center you can afford.

Thanks for your inputs.

I can return one T15 pair and get a TSi100 for a decent price from ebay..
    How about this setup..
    TSi100s for front, CS10 center, and T15 for surround.

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    somubtech wrote: »
    rooftop59 wrote: »

Thanks for your inputs.

How about this setup..

I think that would be just fine. But do you have a budget? I think the signature series is a big step up from both of those...and there are lots of deals to be had on them do to the adorama sales.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    somubtech wrote: »
    rooftop59 wrote: »

Thanks for your inputs.

How about this setup..

First off, what AVR are you powering these with? is there a sub in the mix?

Yes I always did think about tember matching the front 3. I always wanted to try a big bad a$$ center like a CSI-5 or CSi-A6 on my system. Polk doesn't make a big center for the Signature series. I was able to hit a CL score on a CSI-A6 for like $70 a week ago. It is now part of my HT. Once Audyssey dialed it in it blends nice.

TSi line is a very small step up from the "T" line. I would go Signature if you can. Adorama has great package deals on these. The S30 my package deal came with is a very good center but I built my TV stand for a big center. I tried the TSX250C for a while, not as good as the S30 but it was at least big. The CSi-A6 is a beast center speaker.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music