New to polk, trying to match speakers

somubtechsomubtech Posts: 2
edited March 19 in Speakers
Hi,

I've T15's for front (left and right) and rear (left and right).

I am looking for a center now. Confused between CS10 and T30. I am finding some good deals on CS10 but curious, if its a good match? How about T30? Which is the better match for T15.

Comments

• afterburntafterburnt Posts: 4,674
    I think you should stay in the same series
    Parlor: ifi iDSD Micro*Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables* Wireworld Stratus power cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*BJC Silver-Plated IC's* Bens Silver IC's

Dungeon: Dancer Mini-Two Diamond*Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*North Star Intenso DAC*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*Wireworld Aurora power cables*IFI nano IDSD bl*Pangea Silver USB*Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Headgear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S* Sennheiser 6xx

Hello Kitty boombox

Spare sortta: Usher N-6361* ifi iDsd nano*Marantz 1504* RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Usher N-6361

Self Control is over rated.
    Mr. Sharpe wrote: »
    Meh these were extra $70 as an open box item so it didn’t much to me either way:)

Modern physics would have us believe that the universe is made up of quarks, gluons, photons -- and morons

Jesus H. C H R I S T - Afterburner - can you ever be courteous and stay on topic. If you want to blather on about "Family Affair" start your own dam thread! I get tired of your inane comments. You're not clever and you're not funny and most time you're posts are completely irrelevant to the topic.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,764
    afterburnt wrote: »

While generally speaking I think that's a good rule of thumb (and I used to stick to it), as you can see from my sig I have experimented with centers and I think that with good calibration setups you can get away with mismatched front speakers and not notice a problem. This is especially true with polk speakers that have a "house" sound to them.

I know that @mrloren just upgraded to a CSi A6 to go with S60 towers and is very happy with the blend. I would go with the biggest, highest end polk center you can afford.
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio Nova Integrated; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; LG UP870 4K BDP

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine B, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, Squeezebox Touch
  • somubtechsomubtech Posts: 2
    rooftop59 wrote: »

While generally speaking I think that's a good rule of thumb (and I used to stick to it), as you can see from my sig I have experimented with centers and I think that with good calibration setups you can get away with mismatched front speakers and not notice a problem. This is especially true with polk speakers that have a "house" sound to them.

I know that @mrloren just upgraded to a CSi A6 to go with S60 towers and is very happy with the blend. I would go with the biggest, highest end polk center you can afford.

Thanks for your inputs.

I can return one T15 pair and get a TSi100 for a decent price from ebay..
    How about this setup..
    TSi100s for front, CS10 center, and T15 for surround.

• rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,764
    somubtech wrote: »

Thanks for your inputs.

How about this setup..

I think that would be just fine. But do you have a budget? I think the signature series is a big step up from both of those...and there are lots of deals to be had on them do to the adorama sales.
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio Nova Integrated; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; LG UP870 4K BDP

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine B, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, Squeezebox Touch
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 1,593
    somubtech wrote: »

Thanks for your inputs.

How about this setup..

First off, what AVR are you powering these with? is there a sub in the mix?

Yes I always did think about tember matching the front 3. I always wanted to try a big bad a$$ center like a CSI-5 or CSi-A6 on my system. Polk doesn't make a big center for the Signature series. I was able to hit a CL score on a CSI-A6 for like $70 a week ago. It is now part of my HT. Once Audyssey dialed it in it blends nice.

TSi line is a very small step up from the "T" line. I would go Signature if you can. Adorama has great package deals on these. The S30 my package deal came with is a very good center but I built my TV stand for a big center. I tried the TSX250C for a while, not as good as the S30 but it was at least big. The CSi-A6 is a beast center speaker.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN60H,
    Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, Sony DVP-NS3100ES, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk Signature S60
    Center: Polk CSi-A6
    Front High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT
    Surrounds: Polk T15
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2