Belles XLM preamp - anyone have experience?

This came up on the local classifieds. I am familiar with, and own a Belles amp, but I have no experience with his preamps. The price seems low ($220) for a piece of Belles gear, which has me cautious that it may not be up to the same quality of his amps. However, the price being so low also makes me consider giving it a go - was just wondering if anyone here has any experience with one...?

As always, thanks for any insight!

https://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/51526761

9ud7erfk3xxg.jpeg
"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    DSkip wrote: »
    Easy resale if it doesn't work out. Not much to lose. I'd jump and ask questions later.

Thanks for the affirmation - Kinda what I am thinking. I just messaged the seller. Looks like the power supply is missing the fuse holder, but thats an easy fix.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    I used to have one. It was a nice unit. The only thing I didn't like about it was the step volume potentiometer
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • AllenCad
    AllenCad Posts: 1
    I have this preamp. In the 1980s I was teaching at Binghamton University in Binghamton, New York (the home of Macintosh). I bought a "super" system at the time, and the advisor was hot on this preamp (he know the owner of Belles). He even switched out gold capacitors after I bought the preamp. It's top of the line technology for the 1980s, but I am wondering what to do with it now. Could it be better quality than the preamp sections of many modern AV receivers?