FS: Parasound HCA-1500A, exc cond...

steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,521
edited March 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
For Sale: Parasound HCA-1500A Stereo Power Amplifier

I’m the original owner of this amp. It is in excellent condition with no dents, scratches, rubs, or discoloring. It has NOT been phutzed with or modified in any manner. IIRC, I purchased it new sometime in 2004. It has no operational issues. It will ship in its original box with manual and ac power cord.

Pictures below were taken last night (3/6/2018).

$500 Shipped*. CONUS Only. Check or money order. If you send me a money order I’ll ship immediately, if you send a check and I don’t know you, or I don’t like you, you’ll have to wait for the check to clear.
The price is FIRM.

*NOTE: If you pick up the shipping cost, I'll throw a set of 1mtr Kimber Hero WBT's in the box. (Retail: $329).

SPECIFICATIONS
• Continuous Power Output - Stereo:
205 Watts RMS x 2, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 8 Ω, both channels driven
315 watts RMS x 2, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 4 Ω, both channels driven
• Continuous Power Output - Mono:
630 watts RMS, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 8 Ω
• Current Capacity:
60 amperes peak per channel
• Slew Rate:
> 130 V/µsecond
• Frequency Response:
5 Hz - 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB at 1 watt
• Total Harmonic Distortion:
< 0.03% at full power; < 0.01 % typical levels
• IM Distortion:
< 0.03 %
• TIM:
unmeasurable
• Dynamic Headroom:
> 1.5 dB
• Interchannel Crosstalk:
> 80 dB at 1 kHz; > 60 dB at 20 kHz
• Input Impedance:
33 k Ω
• Input Sensitivity:
1 V for 28.28 V, THX Reference Level; 1.2 V for full output
• S/N Ratio:
> 110 dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted
• Damping Factor:
> 800 at 20 Hz
• Power Consumption:
500 watts
• Dimensions:
w 19" x h 5 1/4" x d 16", h 5 7/8" with feet
• Net Weight:
40 lb

urjbe62v29lf.jpg

l5ccmh1ddiug.jpg

Sorry for the fuzzy pics, my iPhone 4 camera sucks.
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    All you guys looking for an amp on the cheap....here it is. Buy with confidence too, Steve takes very good care of his gear, as evident by the pics. You won't do better for the money, grab this pronto.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Better hurry Russ, before Kerry gets up and see's this. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2018
    If you want it brother, I'll hold it. Do you want the free shipping deal or the Hero WBT's and you pay shipping?
    Post edited by steveinaz on
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • lightman1
    steveinaz wrote: »
    If you want it brother, I'll hold it. Do you want the free shipping deal or the Hero WBT's and you pay shipping?

Might be able work that out, Steve. Thanks.
  • lightman1
    tonyb wrote: »
    Better hurry Russ, before Kerry gets up and see's this. :)

B) What I do is wait for Kerry to spend a boatload of money, then jump on the deals I know he can't afford after the fact.
  • steveinaz
    Pending sale....will notify here if it falls thru. PM'd you Russ.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Glad someone else reached out as I am "local" enough and heading to Douglas Az soon.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Well I doubt it will happen but, next in line if he decides to pass.
  • steveinaz
    Noted.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Something this nice, in this great condition, at this price... not surprised that it sold in less than 2 hours. Congrats on the sale Steve! Adding to the herd/hoard Russ? In what part of the country will this amp reside? Central PA has none of your gear yet... :p
  • lightman1
    scubalab wrote: »
    Something this nice, in this great condition, at this price... not surprised that it sold in less than 2 hours. Congrats on the sale Steve! Adding to the herd/hoard Russ? In what part of the country will this amp reside? Central PA has none of your gear yet... :p

I'll get you in touch with the warehouse manager....Whatcha need, Al?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    So it's just going to sit and not be used by it's new owner? That's kinda disappointing.
  • lightman1
    Clipdat wrote: »
    So it's just going to sit and not be used by it's new owner? That's kinda disappointing.

Nope....There's a pair of amp killing Infinities that have finally met their match! Those jokers like to dip impedance when wound up. A couple of Yammies there have let loose the magic smoke and spilled electrons on the floor.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    lol "Magic smoke"

Don't breathe that.
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »

Nope....There's a pair of amp killing Infinities that have finally met their match! Those jokers like to dip impedance when wound up. A couple of Yammies there have let loose the magic smoke and spilled electrons on the floor.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Glad someone else reached out as I am "local" enough and heading to Douglas Az soon.

Where do you live, maybe you can have the first leg of the Polkie express delivery, getting this back east...if you're driving :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    scubalab wrote: »

Not on the can this time, but at work and I missed it! Dang!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • lightman1
    Thanks a bunch, Steve! Woooooo!
  • steveinaz
    no problem.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Thanks for making this thread clear as mud Russ!
  • codycatalist
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Where do you live, maybe you can have the first leg of the Polkie express delivery, getting this back east...if you're driving :)

Ha! I would love to visit the east coast. Phoenix born and raised but wife's family is in southern Az. Glad this sold as I am about to get paid and would hate to hide a "family trip" as an excuse to run over a couple towns and pick this up. :p

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • steveinaz
    I'm down in Sierra Vista, and know Douglas well.
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    That is way south Steve... used to live in the area. Was really nice back then but have not been back in years.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • codycatalist
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I'm down in Sierra Vista, and know Douglas well.

Yeah I read that in another thread somewhere, I have driven through Sierra Vista a couple of times on the alternative route to Douglas. We usually go a couple times a year down that ways.

• steveinaz
    Legender wrote: »
    That is way south Steve... used to live in the area. Was really nice back then but have not been back in years.

You'd be surprised how much it hasn't changed...LOL

• Mr. Sharpe
    Mr. Sharpe Posts: 1,354
    Hard to find one at this price/condition!
    Home theater:
    43” Westinghouse Displayer
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Ethereal ESO-1 Power Conditioner
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
    Polk audio RTA-12c’s fully upgraded crossovers
    DIY 12tc braided speaker cables
    Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
    Parasound P6 Preamplifer
    Parasound HCA -1500a Amplifier
  • steveinaz
    This is SOLD.
  • lightman1
    Boom! Thanks a bunch, Steve.
  • 02guy
    02guy Posts: 21
    edited March 2018
    Outstanding! Thanks Steve.
    Post edited by 02guy on