Dreadnaught Question...

trav0810
trav0810 Posts: 1,056
When running a pair of monoblocks to my 3.1TL's, the Dreadnaught has a connection going to the negative terminal on my speaker. My question is this: if I am going to run two pairs of monoblocks to bi-amp the speakers, do the Dreadnaught need to be connected to both of the negatives on the speaker?
The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
Thorens TD320
Modified Carver C-1
Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects

Comments

• trav0810
    ???
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited March 2018
    I presume you will run one mono block to the right channel bottom posts, one to the left channel bottom posts, one to the right top posts and one to the left top posts.

Only the amps connected to the bottom posts matter. The amps running to the top posts do not need to share a ground. So, to answer your question, no.

Are all your amps exactly the same?

Bi-amping without active crossovers isn't doing much of anything, but wasting a lot of power.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• trav0810
    That is the general idea. Or the same idea if I was running two amps that were non common ground.

I'm actually considering several different ideas on this. Another question. If I am running Common Ground amplifiers with the Dreadnaught, does the connection to the negative terminal even need to be hooked up?

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1