WTB: Polk Audio Blackstone TL3

Clipdat
Clipdat Posts: 12,557
edited February 2018 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Anyone got any Polk Blackstone TL3 satellites for sale?

Comments

• Clipdat
    Looks like A4L is selling refurbs for $80/each. Might just go that route.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Clipdat
    Ordered! Will post a few pics of the condition when they arrive.
  • Clipdat
    My pair of Blackstone TL3 speakers arrived from A4L!

If you didn't know they were refurbs, you'd swear they were brand new. Only thing I could see was a few light smudges/marks on the sides, that are invisible when the speaker is over a foot away from you. Very happy with the condition of them.

Will get them hooked up tonight or this weekend and give them a listen.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    They're now sold out! :cry:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Clipdat
    Oh geez! They must have had only 10 units left or something. That was quick.

I'm planning on using these for desktop nearfield listening on my computer setup. They'll be powered by a 60wpc amp paired up with a 6.5" dual driver 160watt powered subwoofer.
    verb wrote: »

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Clipdat wrote: »
    My pair of Blackstone TL3 speakers arrived from A4L!

If you didn't know they were refurbs, you'd swear they were brand new. Only thing I could see was a few light smudges/marks on the sides, that are invisible when the speaker is over a foot away from you. Very happy with the condition of them.

Will get them hooked up tonight or this weekend and give them a listen.

Well?????? How do you like them? :)
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited February 2018
    Just don't WIELD them.

Candlemass - "Blackstone Wielder"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kkVlJMcJTw
  • Clipdat
    First impressions are very good! Very satisfied with the purchase.

I'm going to listen for a few weeks and then post a formal review.
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Well?????? How do you like them? :)

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Cool, can't wait to read it!!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    I put together a 5.1 TL3 system with a sub for someone a while back. I think many folks on this forum (and others) seriously underestimate the potential of a good sat/sub HT setup. These sound really good once the crossover is dialed in, and for HT performance, they can sound as good as some systems with larger speakers, yet they take up very little space. Way better than run-of-the-mill HTIB systems when paired with a decent AVR. Much better than all the flaky sounds bars out there. These remind me of my Definitive Technology ProMonitors, which are here to stay in my family room.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Oh, for music, meh. If we're watching a show and there's music, it sounds great for that purpose (meaning it blows away your average listener these days), but I wouldn't plop myself down in front of this for the sole purpose of music listening. We do occasionally watch music videos and they do sound good, but of course the visual distraction keeps me from focusing too much on the audio. Based on my experience with these, you're gonna love em, if HT is your main priority for them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Oh geez! They must have had only 10 units left or something. That was quick.

I'm planning on using these for desktop nearfield listening on my computer setup. They'll be powered by a 60wpc amp paired up with a 6.5" dual driver 160watt powered subwoofer.

Hey I was thinking about your computer setup running the blackstones. What audio card are you running?

I spend a lot of time on the computer and have some average Logitech satellites and sub hooked up to the built in MB audio jacks.

Looking to upgrade!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Clipdat
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/180942/meridian-director-usb-dac
    Hey I was thinking about your computer setup running the blackstones. What audio card are you running?

I spend a lot of time on the computer and have some average Logitech satellites and sub hooked up to the built in MB audio jacks.

Looking to upgrade!