Just purchased Bowie's "Heroes" Ryko AU24 disc. WOW, it took me long enough.

So, after almost 25 years after coming out, I finally purchased David Bowie's "Heores" AU24 gold CD on ebay. I own most of the other AU24 CD's (except Station To Station, but I do own the boxed set with the 4 discs) and actually own 2 of the LOW God CD's (because it;s the best album he did, period, IMO).

I almost bought this years ago, but never did, and am now glad that I will own it as it's one of my favorite Bowie albums. Eno's influence made LOW and HEROES really, really great albums. It should be here in a couple days.
Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,307
    Great album indeed - I didn’t realize that version existed. I would love to hear your impressions when you have had a chance to listen...
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Excuse my ignorance, but can you please tell me about AU24 CD's? Thanks.
  • dromunds
    Perhaps I should be a bit more explicit: what is it that you prefer about them sound-quality wise, or otherwise?
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Sure Don. The AU20 CD's by Ryko (I mistakenly typed AU24 in my OP, so I apologize). Actually, that's probably why you haven't heard of them as there are no Ryko AU24 CD's, only AU20 CD's. Please let me know if you still would like information on them.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • dromunds
    Yes, I would like to hear your impression of the AU20's. My only experience with CD Bowie is the redbook and SACD Ziggy. Any thoughts would be appreciated.