1.2tl's get a new pair of monoblocks

2»

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Well fortunately there are two grab bars right on the front!

...That actually serve no practical purpose because of their placement and are purely for aesthetics.
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I have a 50-pound tube amp and when I try to move it, it feels like there are otherworldly gravitational forces at play. :p I can't even imagine what those beauties are like to lift. :o

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Clipdat wrote: »

...That actually serve no practical purpose because of their placement and are purely for aesthetics.
    I've always felt that practical purposes are highly over-rated.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Clipdat wrote: »

That's right; lifting them alone is really an exercise in frustration but it can be done. With 2 guys it's not bad as each guy can grab a front handle and the grab bar in the rear. As bad as they are I'd still rather move them as opposed to moving Bozak CG's. Big, heavy square box with nothing anywhere to hold onto.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Bozak! Haven't heard that name for a while. Reminds me of their classic DJ mixer:

s-l1600.jpg
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Alrighty then I'm glad to know I'm not the only one here with a pair of Monarchys. I can bet they sound great on all your speakers; why haven't you tried them on your Polks? 100wpc of Class A should really light them up.

I have not used the Monacrchy's with the SDAs yet because I do not have a dreadnaught.

Those big Mac amps look awesome. I am sure they sound awesome too.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042

I have not used the Monacrchy's with the SDAs yet because I do not have a dreadnaught.

Those big Mac amps look awesome. I am sure they sound awesome too.[/quote]
    Thanks; Yes as much as I like the Monarchys they're more than likely going to be up for sale in the near future. There's just no comparison now and in all fairness to the Monarchys there shouldn't be. I've owned a pair of sda's for the past 12 years and it took me until yesterday to find out what these great speakers are truly capable of.