I think I blew a fuse.

I was rearranging my stands and amp. After I connected my surround and turned on my b&k 200.5 it broke my circuit outside causing everything to turn off. Everything was hook up to a monster hts 2600mk2 power center. Before turning on my 200.5 my Pre and 200.2 was already playing in 2 channel. Everything turned back on except for my 200.5. I took out the fuse but its a 10a250v. I can't check until I get another fuse which ill have to order. Am I safe to assume it is just the fuse and nothing more? I have some 6a250v but didnt want to use that. Also pulled out the fuse from my 7250 but it was also a different rating fuse.

fzwils8g81sc.jpg
Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    You should be fine testing with the 6 amp fuse. You NEVER want to replace a fuse with one of a higher value, so do not use a 15 or 20 amp fuse when ten is called for, but a 6 amp fuse until you get the proper value should be ok.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Ok. I'll give it a twirl.
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

• You should be fine testing with the 6 amp fuse. You NEVER want to replace a fuse with one of a higher value, so do not use a 15 or 20 amp fuse when ten is called for, but a 6 amp fuse until you get the proper value should be ok.

Bingo. Put in a 6 amp in it powered right up. Thanks.

Now the next big question is do I have to many electronics on the same breaker? I have my Aventage 5000, OPPO 103, 200.2 and 200.5 hooked up to my monster. Then I have my def tech 8060st and sc4000 sub all on the same breaker as well. Will a new surge/power conditioner aid with this?

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Make sure you out the correct value in as soon as possible. The rest sounds like an electrician should be involved to help solve, but I would also suggest getting away from the Monster. I had one similar and it did more harm than good.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Yea the monster was one of my things that stuck around while everything was changed out. Now the search begins for a Panamax or Furman. Thanks again Nooshinjohn.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Bought my fuses from digikey the last time.
    FYI
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    You should be fine testing with the 6 amp fuse. You NEVER want to replace a fuse with one of a higher value, so do not use a 15 or 20 amp fuse when ten is called for, but a 6 amp fuse until you get the proper value should be ok.

Bingo. Put in a 6 amp in it powered right up. Thanks.

Now the next big question is do I have to many electronics on the same breaker? I have my Aventage 5000, OPPO 103, 200.2 and 200.5 hooked up to my monster. Then I have my def tech 8060st and sc4000 sub all on the same breaker as well. Will a new surge/power conditioner aid with this?

Yes.

No.

You need at least one dedicated 20 amp/10 gauge line, preferably two lines.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• I'll look into digikey and the 20amp also.

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Definitely ditch the Monster power conditioner with the amps. The big B&K amps have a high current draw on startup. A long time ago I had their 7 channel amp and it would cause the lights to dim on a 15 amp circuit that was shared. It only did that at startup. My guess is the 200.5 amp was starved of current on startup so the fuse popped and the circuit breaker went with it. The power conditioner is partly to blame for this, but it is mainly the power on sequence that caused the circuit to pop.

A short term solution would be to run the 200.5 directly to the wall and always turn it on first then let it go through its power on routine. The other gear can be turned on afterwards and shoukd be fine with the power conditioner you have, The bad thing about the Monster units is they limit current. Something from Panamax, PS Audio, or a similar company would be much better.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Both spammers reported.