About to watch the movie "Interstellar" again.

I am going to watch Interstellar for the fifth time in a couple of minutes. I really like this movie. I know it has been compared to 2001, but I think they are not that similar, IMO. I think this is an extremely well written, directed, and acted movie and I really enjoy it. What do you all think?
Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited February 2018
    I get this confused with a few other sci-fi/space films that came out around the same time, but I'm pretty sure I liked it.

What I want to know is: How can you watch a move FIVE TIMES in a couple of minutes??? :p
  • Viking64
    edited February 2018
    Alright, I just checked and I had this confused with "Gravity", "Passengers", and "The Martian". All four were very good, but I think I liked "Interstellar" the best.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Viking64 wrote: »
    What I want to know is: How can you watch a move FIVE TIMES in a couple of minutes??? :p
    Well most repetitive "moves" can be done rather quickly. I have heard Greg does have hyper ninja skills.

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    I get this confused with a few other sci-fi/space films that came out around the same time, but I'm pretty sure I liked it.

Come on, relativity. I was watching right on the cusp of "Gargantua". You know, time dialation and all that.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Alright, I just checked and I had this confused with "Gravity", "Passengers", and "The Martian". All four were very good, but I think I liked "Interstellar" the best.

And Spaceballs. I always get those five mixed up. Used to be six, but I finally got sorted on Hardware Wars.

I really liked Interstellar. You have to watch it at least twice to gain appreciation. I can see it being a *multiple viewer*, for sure.
    I disabled signatures.
  • adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    Interstellar is great. I love that soundtrack too.
  • I couldn't get past the huge black hole in the plot. Why does no one else see this?

Spoiler alert:

If I've understood this correctly, the characters go through a stable wormhole to get to a black hole. The wormhole was created by humans living in the black hole sometime in the future. So, we had to get to the black hole to create the worm hole.

How in God's name did we get to the black hole in order to create the wormhole. We can't accomplish the first without the second and we can't accomplish the second without the first.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    edited February 2018
    I think you answered your own question... With the phrase "sometime in the future".

Future selves traverse to black hole, future selves create stable wormhole, wormhole (because of relativity on the creators side) opens short cut to "present" selves, boom!

*This eliminates the causality loop.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    **spoiler alert**

Excellent film - entertaining, well acted, and makes you think. I thought the part where they came back to the ship after being gone for a couple hours, and it had been decades was very powerful.

If you like Interstellar, Inception is very similar, and another great movie, IMHO.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Viking64
    edited February 2018
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Well most repetitive "moves" can be done rather quickly. I have heard Greg does have hyper ninja skills.

WOW! Sick burn, bro.

The YUUUGE difference is that I know the difference between "movie" and "move". I just failed to type ONE SINGLE LETTER. But thanks for playing. I know it must have soothed your bottom a little.
  • Viking64
    WOW! Sick burn, bro.

The YUUUGE difference is that I know the difference between "movie" and "move". I just failed to type ONE SINGLE LETTER. But thanks for playing. I know it must have soothed your bottom a little.

Sorry. *must of
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    If I have the volume too high the opening scene will pop my dedicated line 20 amp breaker. At some point I need to add two more 20 amp lines, one for each amp, and one for the source gear. Just like the stereo.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    BlueFox wrote: »
    If I have the volume too high the opening scene will pop my dedicated line 20 amp breaker. At some point I need to add two more 20 amp lines, one for each amp, and one for the source gear. Just like the stereo.

The opening scene will definitely give your system a workout. It literally feels like an earthquake hit during that scene, in my system.

Definitely do the two 20 amp lines. Then, turn it up to 11 during the opening scene of Interstellar. :D
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    Great film. I need to watch it again.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Someone here karma-ed me the digital copy, but you guys got me thinking I should experience it in all its glory. So I got a used BD for 6 bucks...you people sure know how to spend other people's money lol!!!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer