Looking for tweeters for my sda srs speakers

I just purchased a set of these humongous speakers and was told that I should upgrade the tweeters. Any suggestions

Best Answers

Answers

• Now I come to find out that the person I purchased them from doesn’t have the interconnect cable for it and need the one with a pin and blade...I called Polk and they don’t carry that anymore... any suggestions
  • michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,165
    edited January 2018
    Can you post a pic of the front of the speakers? Need to see what type of tweeters you have. Since it's a pin/blade interconnect socket, they are at least SDA SRS 1.2's (can be upgraded to the TL) and if they have SL3000 tweeters you have SDA SRS 1.2TL's.
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
  • Forgot to address your question... sometimes you can find a used one for sale on Ebay and in this forum. Some people have removed the pin/blade socket and replaced it with a SpeakOn connector.
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Time for a Dreadnought! :)

Welcome to the Forum and the Rabbit Hole!

What gear are you running with your "humongous" vintage Polks?
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    edited January 2018
    You could use a single 12 ga. Speaker wire with banana plugs on each end connected to the IC pins temporarily.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr wrote: »
    You could use a single 12 ga. Speaker wire with banana plugs on each end connected to the IC pins temporarily.

True, I forgot about that idea. Just trim off the petals that surround the pin on the banana plug.
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
  • I too am looking to replace my SL2000 tweeters. Who is CS, I’d like to contact them.

Thanks

Robert
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited October 2018
    knish71 wrote: »
    I too am looking to replace my SL2000 tweeters. Who is CS, I’d like to contact them.

Thanks

Robert

Polk customer service
    The replacement tweeter is RD-0194

Call: 1.800.377.POLK (7655) Option 1
  • Thank you very much

Robert