2 Westingouse and 2 Siemens 12 au7 tubes

Instead of me trying to decipher specifically which ones, here are some pics of what I need 2 of each of:

Comments

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    On a side note....I pulled out the 2 RCA tubes from the pre this morning and fired up the rig before everyone woke up. For whatever reason the rig sounds unbelievable right now.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    That looks like my handwriting? Lol.

The Westinghouse ones are very hard to find and good luck getting the common seller to even acknowledge the very specific build descriptions when you ask. The Siemens are ridiculously priced in most instances.

I will look and see if I can spare another pair of either. The "true" Westinghouse made 12AU7 tube is one of my all time favorite American made tubes.

The Siemens is unique because of the plate color, but it's a super clean, precise tube. Perhaps a bit to "clinical" in some applications, but it seems to project a nice "space" around the music. It just depends what sound you're looking for and/or which other tubes you're mating them with.

I have been thinking about doing some downsizing with my tubes. I'll get back to you. If I don't have extra spares, I'll help you track down the "true" Westinghouse 12AU7's you are looking for.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    A true tuber Brock. A real gem to the forum nice :)
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    heiney9 wrote: »
    That looks like my handwriting? Lol.

The Westinghouse ones are very hard to find and good luck getting the common seller to even acknowledge the very specific build descriptions when you ask. The Siemens are ridiculously priced in most instances.

I will look and see if I can spare another pair of either. The "true" Westinghouse made 12AU7 tube is one of my all time favorite American made tubes.

The Siemens is unique because of the plate color, but it's a super clean, precise tube. Perhaps a bit to "clinical" in some applications, but it seems to project a nice "space" around the music. It just depends what sound you're looking for and/or which other tubes you're mating them with.

I have been thinking about doing some downsizing with my tubes. I'll get back to you. If I don't have extra spares, I'll help you track down the "true" Westinghouse 12AU7's you are looking for.

H9
    Awesome....keep me posted and I apreciate the info. Brock. Funny your description of the Siemens sort of fits what I discovered when I put them in my rig.

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    PM sent
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!