My birthday is tomorrow the 29th, so I figure what better way to celebrate it than by giving away some RCA cables?! Eh, that sounded better in my head.

Anyway, I got these RCAs from our very own @voltz several years ago. Thank you again Darryl for your generosity.

I'd like to pass these on to another member of the Club Polk family who will put them to use.

To enter the Karma giveaway, just post here with why you want them and/or what you'd use them for, and after a week I'll go through and pick the one that I deem the "best".

You can find an accurate review of these cables here: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/hi-fi-accessories/kimber-kable-tonik-678654/review

Comments

• Great karma! I'm slowly upgrading all my cables now, and I'd definitely like to have something better than cheapy generic RCA's in my phono set up. They would be loved and cherished. Lol
    Happy Birthday!
    The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Happy birthday Clipdat! And, very nice karma.

I’ll go in on this. I’ve gotten the bug to rebuild a little two channel setup downstairs. I’m picking up a pair of LSi-9’s from Shawn next week and plan to use them with my Acurus A80 amp and an older Denon AVR with pre-outs until I can build a nicer setup - maybe a tube pre, and more powerful 2-channel amp. These would be nice interconnects to try between the pre and the amp. Ultimately, I may follow in my daughters’ footsteps, get myself a turntable, and get back into vinyl.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    This is a very generous Karma. I don't have any real need for these, so I am not in but thanks for the generosity!
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    scubalab wrote: »
    Happy birthday Clipdat! And, very nice karma.

I’ll go in on this. I’ve gotten the bug to rebuild a little two channel setup downstairs. I’m picking up a pair of LSi-9’s from Shawn next week and plan to use them with my Acurus A80 amp and an older Denon AVR with pre-outs until I can build a nicer setup - maybe a tube pre, and more powerful 2-channel amp. These would be nice interconnects to try between the pre and the amp. Ultimately, I may follow in my daughters’ footsteps, get myself a turntable, and get back into vinyl.

Sucker! You've been "bitten". Good luck!
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Help me!!! I have been living in ignorance, but have had many epiphanies since my tenure at CP!!! I'm embarrassed to say, but in true confession mode, I've been running these:
    q6cg62jzgbu8.png
    Ouch!!! Yes i know.
    My new rig, WIP:
    • Micro Seiki MB14 TT
    • Luxman TP114 pre
    • Carver TL3100 CD Player
    • Carver TFM35x Amp
    • And thanks to @Jetmaker737 a Furman Elite15 PFi

I dare not connect any of these babies with my POS cables!!!
    Help a CP brother out!!!

Happy Birthday!!!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Oh yeah, running 2B's unmodded, and in the middle of a 1C complete rebuild!!!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I would like those cables but only to use to strangle the guy who flies his airplane in circles overhead daily every month of the year.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Not in, but I love me some Kimber Kables!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Nice cables, great Karma!
    Not in, but would like to take the opportunity to wish you a Happy Birthday! and also give a nod to The Darryl. Indeed, one of kindest hearted people I've ever known, and he's also got a really clever sense of humor if you haven't yet had the pleasure. Lots of funny stories :)
    I disabled signatures.
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Happy Birthday!! Not in but enjoy your day.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,961
    Happy Birthday Drew!

I would like to try these cables to see if I am indeed missing anything in the midrange. If they are better than what I'm using now(I think they are Bluejeans?) I will then karma those cables. Perhaps they would be an upgrade for somebody using lessor cables.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    edited January 2018
    Happy Birthday.

Great Karma too. I'm in.

Cables are one area I need help with. I just put a 2.1 channel system together for my wife and I'm adding a Oppo 103D to it for her since she loves movies but all I have is some old school generic RCA's to use with it. They kinda defeat having such a nice player in her system. I've bought way too much lately, my credit card can't handle anything else. We've been married for almost 30 years and this is the first time she has shown any interest in audio. Our 30th anniversary is on Valentines day, the Oppo is a gift and this would be a great way to help round off her gift to celebrate putting up with me for all these years.

Thanks for your consideration and may all your birthday wishes come true.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    In...great Karma by the way!

I would use these to connect my Marantz SR7000 to my Yamaha AV34 as preouts to maximize my sound quality. The 2Bs only need the best right?! RIGHT?!

Good luck to everyone!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • verb
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I would like those cables but only to use to strangle the guy who flies his airplane in circles overhead daily every month of the year.

You mean these little guys??? I believe they have re-purposed the RCA cables...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai1o61-g2zs
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    In. My new office rig could use some better RCA's. Happy Birthday!
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Cool karma and in. My living room rig just got set up and that length is pefect from my Ariea mini streamer to Yamaha receiver. Thanks...
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    In please and very happy birthday. Since my wife has banished me from buying any more cables I would like to maybe win these from my #MeToo friend to use in her system to help improve the sonics of the setup in her bedroom.
    [
  • verb
    @Clipdat updated my signature to reflect my ignoble cables. See below. :(
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    But I see you just bought some Audioquest cables from Ed!
    verb wrote: »

• verb
    Clipdat wrote: »
    But I see you just bought some Audioquest cables from Ed!
    verb wrote: »

Busted!
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Happy belated birthday, Clipdat! May the karma be with you...

Awesome Karma offering! Please count me IN.

I would definitely put these to good use in my (almost) daily driver, 2-channel rig. It consists of a Marantz SACD/CD player, a B&K Components preamp, a B&K amplifier and my fully-modded Polk Audio Monitor 7 speakers! I currently have an identical pair of Kimber kable Tonik RCAs running between my SACD/CD player and the preamp. I noticed a nice "cleaning up of the sound" immediately over the former lower-end cables I was using in my rig, upon installation of the Kimbers. I would use the karma'd Kimber kables to run from the preamp to my amplifier. I've been told by more than a couple of people that I will get much better sound from my rig if I were only to get my kables "matched". I'm not sure if that means impedance matched, capacitance matched, or what, but I've been wanting to give it a try for quite a while now. I am currently using a pair of Monster RCAs - they have a nice-looking techflex jacket - from the pre to the amp. On more than one occasion, I've had to jiggle them about to get any sound out of one of the channels.

In your linked techradar review of the Kimber Kable Tonik RCA, they say, "The Kimber Tonik seemed rather less assured with bass, both in terms of extension and detail. With a couple of good piano recordings it almost seems a touch sluggish.

"On the other hand, its midrange and treble are so clear that it's easy to forgive a small transgression like that. There's a lovely liquid quality to well-recorded upper frequencies, which makes the cable easy to recommend for lovers of unemphatic detail and good imaging."

I think my front ended Kimber rig has bass in quantity, but perhaps its extension and detail are a bit lacking. With the midrange and treble now sounding good, and much improved since the one pair of Kimbers was swapped in, I would really love to hear what level I can bring the overall rig performance up to with adding the second pair.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Happy (belated) Birthday!!!

Not in.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Great entries so far guys, get em in now because Sunday evening is last call!
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,961
    Drawing at halftime? Would be more interesting than the halftime show.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Happy late Birthday Drew! B)

Nice Karma my Friend!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Clipdat
    In the interest of system synergy and hearing impressions on what an all Tonik signal path will provide, I've chosen to karma the cables to @teekay0007!

He's informed me that he'll be karma-ing his current Monster RCAs after he swaps them out, so it's a win-win!

Congrats @teekay0007!
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Dang, if I knew it was based on word count, I coulda written a book! ;)

Congrats TK! And nice birthday Karma Drew!
  • verb
    Yeah. My signature block remains the same for a little while longer! Congrats TK! Nice Karma!
  • Clipdat
    @teekay0007 Were you able to get these into your system this weekend?
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Not sure how missed this, but nice Karma Clipdat. Congrats teekay.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden