What do use to stream music to your Hi-Fi ??

Comments

• Just added the Pioneer Elite N50 to my family of Squeezebox Touches.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    I am currently using a dedicated PC, which is an Asus EEE Box, running JRiver on it's local HDD. I run Fidelizer on the PC to optimize it for audio. I have an external USB SSD that holds my music collection in a combination of FLAC and WAV which connects to the PC using an Audioquest Forest USB 3.0 A to Micro cable. I use a Netgear router, set up for LAN only (wireless and internet functions disabled), and use that to network the PC and my PS Audio PerfectWave MKII/Bridge II using CAT6 cables. This combo works real well as the PC doesn't require a lot of power and doesn't need to do much outside of streaming the audio from the SSD.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Bluesound Node2 into Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ to Parasound P5.

Use Android devices for control using roon.

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I just use my Roku or Xbox One to stream Spotify to my HiFi setup. Alternately all my physical media is on a computer running PLEX Server, which allows me access to it from anyway (including remotely via my iPhone/tablet, etc).

Depending on your budget and if you plan on storing data on it, finding a small NUC computer and installing it in your system may be the way to go. Then with a mouse and keyboard, you can both access Spotify & Tidal's web interfaces, but also the forum and any other thing you'd do on a PC :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Mr_Hz
    Mr_Hz Posts: 176
    [/quote]

Check out the Auralic Aries Mini.[/quote]

I'm still sorting out my room stereos/configurations... but prematurely purchased BS Node2's... solid pieces of gear from what I read and all... but now buyer's remorse as I 'think' the Auralic Aries Mini' has the features I most want as I move forward with my system. The BS N2's will transmit 24/192 files...great for most, but I like the DSD capabilities of the Auralic... even though DSD represents a very small % of my music library.

I might just have 3 'never used' BlueSound Node2's (in black) for sale very soon...
    2.3TL's - Living Room
    CRS+'s (4.1 TL's) - Office
    SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
    SDA1C's - Master Bedroom
  • I also use a dedicated laptop pc and it’s internal tb hard drive. Running JRiver software on the PC and controlling with the Creation5 iPhone app. The PC is connected to the my integrated amps usb DAC using Yamaha’s steinberg driver also installed on the PC. This enables up to DSD x2 or PCM x4 playback.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Just added the Pioneer Elite N50 to my family of Squeezebox Touches.
    Does this integrate with your Squeezebox devices or Logitech Media Server?
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Bluesound node 2

I bypass the internal dac and go straight to my Emm labs dac
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    edited December 2017
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Just added the Pioneer Elite N50 to my family of Squeezebox Touches.
    Does this integrate with your Squeezebox devices or Logitech Media Server?

The N50 act's as a DMR with the Squeezebox LMS, which means that you control it from the LMS (playlist etc...) I have nothing but good praise about the N50, I keep the 32 bit upsampling on always and everything I play through it sounds good. Check out my youtube sample, all of the music is from 192Kps to 320kps, even for a youtube clip you'll be hard press to pick out the 192kps sample.

Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Nice. Where the heck did you find that cable for 39 bucks?
    I disabled signatures.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Nightfall wrote: »
    DSkip wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I read this and thought "Nice! Sounds like a perfect unit!"

Went to Google it and saw the $12k pricetag. Immediately closed browser window. :/
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Lumin S1. It is an all in one solution; file player, streamer, and DAC. Does Tidal, and now supports MQA. You can't get simpler than the S1, and it sounds great.

Check out the Auralic Aries Mini.

Find a used one since they are out of production. Don't get the bluesound unit as I don't know anyone who thought the sound quality was close to the AURALiC unit.

Permanently?
    Audio Advisor has them new.

• kevhed72
    Correction....Audio Advisor has factory refreshed Aries Minis for 450.00. I am buying a second one.....now.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Upgraded from the mini to the Aries Femto, got a nice price on one brand new. They are selling them cheap due to the new G series coming out.
    This Aries sounds so good, its unbelievable! It pairs wonderfully with my Cembalo River DAC, haven’t heard anything sound this good in my system.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• kevhed72
    edited January 2018
    Audio Advisor has a demo Aries which was tempting....but I went with a second mini for secondary setup. You have to love a woman who buys off on this:
    bf9xp4ovdk4n.jpeg

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Correction....Audio Advisor has factory refreshed Aries Minis for 450.00. I am buying a second one.....now.

They have am new $499
  • kevhed72
    afterburnt wrote: »
    kevhed72 wrote: »

They have am new $499
    I must have gotten the last refurb unit.... this unit completely blows away the Squeezebox Duet and Auris bluMe I had previously. The Auris turned out to be a complete PITA so I sent it back.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited January 2018
    I like the internal design of this Yamaha NP-S2000 streamer:

Yamaha_NP-S2000_inside.jpg

Too bad no wireless though.
  • Clipdat
    Hmmmmm, this might be an option. Ethernet to wireless adapter:

61uA9HzgSTL._SL1500_.jpg

I can't get over the great design of the Yamaha. Even though it's dated and discontinued, I want it!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Not a damn thing...
  • D'prived
    D'prived Posts: 191
    Hmmmmm, this might be an option. Ethernet to wireless adapter:

I can't get over the great design of the Yamaha. Even though it's dated and discontinued, I want it!

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamnps2000bl/yamaha-np-s2000-hi-fi-network-music-player-black/1.html

• Clipdat
    The Yammy does internet radio streams as far as I can tell, and has a digital coax output.
    I'd still take the Aries Mini. The Mini does a few key things that Yamaha doesn't - like DSD, streaming, and digital out to use a separate DAC.

• Clipdat
    Yeah that sucks if it doesn't work with Tidal. I wonder if there's a way to get it working.
    I guess I should clarify that I meant Tidal, not streaming in general.

• D'prived
    D'prived Posts: 191
    I bought mine 2014. It's been a great player. Only drawback is it only plays up to 96Khz.
  • Clipdat
    Honestly, I'm a 16/44.1 guy anyway, so that's not a huge concern.
    D'prived wrote: »
    I bought mine 2014. It's been a great player. Only drawback is it only plays up to 96Khz.

• Clipdat
    Update: I still want to buy the Yamaha, even though it doesn't have wireless built in. I have issues.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Get s netgear orbi mesh setup your wireless extender will have ethernet and you can set it up by the yamaha. Problem solved and better wireless coverage in the house.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Lumin S1. While I don’t stream, yet, it does support Tidal, and some other high-res streaming source.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    If you can do ethernet, Sonore Ultra Rendu with LPS-1 power supply and DC-4 power cable. Substitute microRendu for Ultra to save $200, but I think it's worth the upcharge.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet