Larry's rings/cap screws
New chassis wire
Gold faston connectors
New binding post plates
New binding posts
Fuse removed and cap value adjusted
Replaced model/serial number tags
All connections treated with Pro Gold

Grills look great. Badges have been polished. Cabinets are good. Stands included, but one has cosmetic issues. One extra grill and PR included. The crossovers only have one hour on them, so still need burn in time.

Price: $325.00
Payment: PayPal or cash
Local pick up or delivery preferred. Baltimore-Washington, Northern Virginia region.

Edit: If you want to have these picked up and shipped on your dime I'm good with that.

ye0r6kl3881i.jpg

nclp22azm7na.jpg

zuuyqm0vhn3t.jpg

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Post edited by F1nut on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Pic with cap screws installed and all PR holes now secured.

0tfuby0qvwp8.jpg

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    These look and (I am sure sound) bad-a$$ Jesse!

Someone should buy these. I would if I didn't already own some Monitor 10's (that I am currently not even using).
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Damnit, why am I so cash poor at the moment!?!
    I'd give up 3 pair for that one (possibly).
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    ooh baby lou! GLWS.
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,226
    Bump a didilly. If Jesse made these they are primo ! I have a stock set that sound absolutely fantastic. Imagine how these would sound with all the upgrades.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    GYAAAAHT!!!...

For Gandalf's sake, somebody buy these.
    I disabled signatures.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    Daggone it.......I want these. PM inbound.
  • F1nut
    Responded

President of Club Polk

• I have never experienced these but I would love to. These look sweet.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • F1nut
    SOLD

President of Club Polk

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Congrats to both the buyer and seller! What an awesome pair of speakers! Love the Monitor 7s and have never seen such a sweet pair - enjoy!! B)
  • F1nut
    I didn't really want to sell, but no point in having them around collecting dust, which is exactly what they have been doing. Of course, all dust, what little there is right now will be removed for the buyer. B)

President of Club Polk

• teekay0007
    I'm in the same boat, Jesse. I have a pair of fully modded Monitor 7s, not nearly as sweet though, that I have no room for, but I just can't yet get myself too excited about moving them along. If you had lived within a day's drive, I'm pretty sure I would have bought your pair and figured out what the he\\ to do about my exacerbated problem after getting home with them. :#

The new owner is going to really enjoy these speakers! His/her enjoyment will grow and grow as they get broken in and put on full display their true potential.
  • teekay0007
    F1nut wrote: »
    These and my Marantz gear that's for sale and you've got yourself a very nice rig.

Geez, I just looked at the pics again and reread your description - woulda, coulda, shoulda done it and then just figured out how to get them here! Polkie Express, or something...I'm sure Lightman would probably be trolling through both our neighborhoods before long. ;)

And here I sit with my Marantz SA-8004 (SACD player) and PM-8005 (integrated)! D'Oh! :#

• F1nut
    I've got a beautiful matched pair of custom PM8004 & SA8004 you woulda, coulda, shoulda. ;)

President of Club Polk

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    So I missed out on a pair of quintessential modded speakers. From the guru !!! Dang ...
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • cortico
    cortico Posts: 587
    how, sorry I missed this. I am looking for another speaker pair and this would fit my budget...
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    edited February 2018
    Late update on this, but want to thank Jesse again for the sale. These 7b's sound wonderful, even on my older Denon 5700.

I was using my RT800's upstairs for music & HT, not really a HT setup but served as the front mains, now the monitors have taken their place. The 7's blend well with the CS400 and definitely win in the music dept.

We don't use that setup much for HT and the wifey likes to listen to music so these surely fit the bill. Future plans are for a streamer and more up to date receiver/dac.

Edited to add...forgot to thank you for firing up the 2.3TL's! You have them very well setup and they sound superb with those tubies.
  • outlaw53
    outlaw53 Posts: 16
    Do you have any gold faston connectors left over from your sale?
  • F1nut
    I've got a bunch, but they are all for another project. You can find them online.

President of Club Polk