FS: Cherry Lsi9’s....

Bought these from a forum member awhile back. Performed flawlessly for me and have been in the mounts since the day I got them. There are some scuffs on the cabinets and they are not perfect, but can’t tell from a couple feet away and do not affect performance whatsoever. In full disclosure, I am looking to sell these to purchase the lsim703’s in the flea market.

Looking to get $275 local pickup or plus actual shipping. If this is not a fair price, please let me know.

I can email or text pictures if interested. My photobucket account doesn’t work anymore.

Thanks,
Shawn
Shawn
AVR: Marantz SR-5011
Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
Front: Polk LsiM703
Rear: LSI fx
Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
DVD Player: Sony PS4

Comments

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Location might help your addy. GLWYS. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Oh yeah; sorry. WASHINGTON DC / MARYLAND / VIRGINIA area
    Shawn
  • dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    pm sent
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• shawn474
    dbryant wrote: »
    Crazy good price

Just trying to pay it forward as these were a crazy good price given to me from a polkie.

@dhart86 has dibs on these.....I am going to try to source a box and packing materials from Polk if possible. If not possible, shipping these could become cost prohibitive due to materials. If I can’t get boxes and shipping foam, I will keep this as local sale only.
    Shawn
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    If you can't get packing materials for the 9's and you don't mind losing the 703 boxes, the speaker dimensions are very close between the 9's and 703's so you could use the 703 boxes with a little extra padding for height an other minor modifications to the packing foam
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • shawn474
    stangman67 wrote: »
    If you can't get packing materials for the 9's and you don't mind losing the 703 boxes, the speaker dimensions are very close between the 9's and 703's so you could use the 703 boxes with a little extra padding for height an other minor modifications to the packing foam

Now that may be an idea.....winner, winner chicken dinner. Let me work on some things and get back to you both
    Shawn
  • shawn474
    Full disclosure.....when inspecting these further there are some blemishes. Right speaker has a nick in the wood about the size of a pencil eraser that I wood filled when I got them. Never bothered me. Also the right speaker has some delamination of the bottom black glossy covering.....again didn’t bother me as it isn’t noticeable in the mounts. Also previous owner had adhesive felt discs attached to the bottom - I will remove the residue before shipping.

I can text or email pictures if interested.

These came to me exactly in the condition I am selling them (minus the wood filler) and none of the issues noted above affect performance whatsoever. Just wanted to be upfront and honest with potential buyers.

I still think they are worth well above the original asking price so it will stay at $275 plus shipping. Willing to meet within an hour or so of 20882 to help with delivery to save on shipping costs. @dhart86 has dibs - waiting to hear back to see if he is still interested.
    Shawn
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    If they are still available, I'm interested and local. Can you send photos?
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • shawn474
    PM’s have been answered
    Shawn
  • shawn474
    Sold....thanks Al. Will arrange a time and place to meet soon.
    Shawn
  • stangman67
    Like @scubalab Al?!

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • shawn474
    edited January 2018
    Yes; the one and only
    Shawn
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited January 2018
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Like @scubalab Al?!

Please note, I said nothing to him about these and as he requested via text "tried" to talk him out of these to no avail :wink:

PS.... I may not have tried too hard :trollface:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    For that price? Al woulda been crazy not to. ;)
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Now, Zach... all we need to do to close this bizarre love (of audio) triangle is for me to sell something to you. Unfortunately I’ve got nothing in the league you’re at!

And, Dan, thank you for {[(not)]} trying to talk me out of this.
  • stangman67
    Oh I'm sure we can find something :)

• shawn474
    Met up with Al today in the booming metropolis of emmittsburg md. Chatted over coffee for over an hour. Al is one of the best guys on this forum. A top notch Polk is in the true spirit of the forum. Deal with Al with the utmost confidence. Hope our paths cross again soon,
    Shawn
  • scubalab
    Awe shucks. I’m blushing!

Seriously though, had a very nice time BS-ing with another great CP member this evening. Great to finally meet you Shawn. Looking forward to some tunes on the LSi-9s, which by the way, are in much nicer condition than I was expecting!

I’m sure our paths will cross again in the future! Thanks again for going out of your way to meet me half way and for the fantastic deal on these new-to-me speakers.

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    edited February 2018
    shawn474 wrote: »
    Met up with Al today in the booming metropolis of emmittsburg md. Chatted over coffee for over an hour. Al is one of the best guys on this forum. A top notch Polk is in the true spirit of the forum. Deal with Al with the utmost confidence. Hope our paths cross again soon,

I don't believe a word I hear about this Al guy, sounds like a charlatan to me! ;-)

Emmittsburg, eh? My best friend from college and grad school teaches at Mount Saint Mary's in Emmittsburg. I have spent some time there. Booming indeed!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • scubalab
    edited February 2018
    Shut up Paul! :#

Got the LSi-9’s hooked up in a somewhat ghetto setup today. I have an old Denon AVR-810 with pre-outs and a phono input. I’m using my Acurus A-80 amp, a Chromecast audio and the new to me MCS Turntable. First impressions, WOW! I definitely don’t need a sub with these. Going from my Polk 5JR+ speakers to the LSi9s, it was like someone turned up the bass! The ring radiator tweeters are much smoother than the harsh SL1000 tweeters on the 5JRs. All around more encompassing soundstage and much less fatiguing. Looking forward to more listening time on these!

Thanks again Shawn for some great audio talk the other evening and for the unbeatable price on the 9s! Shawn’s a great polkie and all around great person. That Rooftop dude... we’ll I don’t know!
    Post edited by scubalab on
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    scubalab wrote: »
    First impressions, WOW! I definitely don’t need a sub with these.
    giphy.gif

Thanks again Shawn the unbeatable price on the 9s! Shawn’s a great pillow and all around great person.

Well now we know how you got that “unbeatable” price on them :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • scubalab
    LOL - fixed, but thanks for eternalizing that wonderful iOS autocorrect of “polkie”, Dan!

:D
  • scubalab
    The ring radiator tweeters are much smoother than the harsh SL1000 tweeters on the 5JRs.

Oops! Another typo. The 5JR+ speakers have the SL-2000 tweeters. I’m actually looking to upgrade these speakers at some time - going to take my first stab at modding speakers. :#