Polk LSIM-703 Cherry (Pair)

I never thought I'd see this day come but my LSIM703's are officially up for sale. You know what these speakers are, I have been in love with them since they entered my house a year and a half ago. I bought these new via Polk Friends and Family and I am fanatic about taking care of my equipment, I treated these like they cost 20k. You will not find a scratch, dent, ding, blemish of any kind of either of the two speakers, they are 9.9/10 for the sole fact that they are used. They have been powered by plenty of clean power, never abused or clipped.

I would like $500 for the pair local (baltimore/Annapolis/DC area) or PM me for shipping quotes. I have original boxes, grills, protective cloth bags etc. If the pair is bought local I will include the Transdeco 24" stands they are currently mounted on. The stands are fantastic and perfect for these speakers

gmz4Yps.jpg

eq2iHTo.jpg

BtXTO3k.jpg

FNxqok9.jpg

FOkpSjG.jpg

4zAfA1y.jpg

OvLfQUL.jpg

mMFeOmI.jpg

xYIJWEV.jpg

2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius

Comments

• adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    Great deal for someone in your area!

What speakers are you moving to?
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    I purchased Focal Aria 926's

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    I am local and interested; how do these compare to the lsi9’s?
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    @lightman1 aren't a couple of us going to be in that area soon? *wink wink nudge nudge say no more*

@shawn474 They stomp the LSi9s and are a vastly easier load to run.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • stangman67
    shawn474 wrote: »
    I am local and interested; how do these compare to the lsi9’s?

I had LSI15's prior to these and prefer them in every way to the LSI15's. I cannot compare at all to the LSI9's as I have never had or heard them. I can say with confidence that they are a fantastic speaker and cannot really be touched for the price

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    That Teac is a thick cut of beef....

GL...you shouldn't need it.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • stangman67
    mrbiron wrote: »
    That Teac is a thick cut of beef....

GL...you shouldn't need it.

Yea, It isn't exactly subtle is it? Lotsa powa to go with the physical presence to boot

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    I have the same speakers. Love your set up. Stands are probly worth an added 100 to sweeten the pot. I was just wondering if you ran a sub with this set up or not? GLWYS. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • stangman67
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    I have the same speakers. Love your set up. Stands are probly worth an added 100 to sweeten the pot. I was just wondering if you ran a sub with this set up or not? GLWYS. Peace. D

Nope no sub and frankly I never had the need or want for one.

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    What kind of upgraded jumpers are those?
  • stangman67
    Those are Acoustic Zen Satori jumpers to match my speaker cables

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Who invoked the name of Lightman???
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited January 2018
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Who invoked the name of Lightman???

Mark my words, Zuul is next. Prepare for the coming of Gozer!

Edit: I should add (to actually contribute to the thread) that these are an excellent deal (especially if you are local and get the stands).
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • stangman67
    I'm giving these lots of attention over the next few days before the Focals arrive. Such a joy to listen to

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Would love to hear your impressions of the inverted dome vs ring radiator tweeter.
  • stangman67
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Would love to hear your impressions of the inverted dome vs ring radiator tweeter.

I'll be sure to post some impressions after I've allowed enough break in and listening time to the focals. I was very impressed by the tweeter at the shop, I was fearing the typical fatiguing harshness presented by lesser metal dome tweeters and I was pleasantly surprised. Not fatiguing whatsoever and extremely detailed, the non commission sales person raved about the tweeter which says something to me. BTW, I love shopping at places where the salespeople have nothing additional riding on the sale.

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    While I can't purchase your Speakers, I will say that you have got a Great Looking Set-up. I'm positive the Focals will feel 'Right at Home".
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • stangman67

Trying to coax Al again? He is going to be thrilled :D

• stangman67
    While I can't purchase your Speakers, I will say that you have got a Great Looking Set-up. I'm positive the Focals will feel 'Right at Home".

I appreciate the kind words, I sure hope the Focals blend right in

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    stangman67 wrote: »

Trying to coax Al again? He is going to be thrilled :D

True but he’s already got the LSiM 603 center.... paired with LSi7s... why not go all LSiM hehehe
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • stangman67
    From what I remember he told me his build in cubbyholes are on the smaller side and this is BIG bookie lol. Screw it Al, just make the speaker cubbyholes bigger!

• smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Great price on these, wow. If they were in Midnight Mahogany I'd be sending you a pm. The cherry doesn't meet the WAF, at all... GLWTS!!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • stangman67
    But they are so purrty in cherry!

• smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    I know, room decor and all that jazz. Heck, I can't complain, she's at least warming up to the idea of me getting a different set of speakers...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • stangman67
    Hey progress is progress, whatever the form

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885

I went from LSIM 705 to Focal Aria 926! The Focals crushed the polks in every area. My only recommendation is be patient as the Focals break in, they were a little rough around the edges fresh out of the box. You will love them, I’ve got a death grip on mine.

The Focals are extremely WAF friendly.

Did you do the wood/vinyl or gloss black?

I’ve played a lot with mine and placement. The magic toe in number is 10 degrees for best soundstage.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• stangman67
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

I went from LSIM 705 to Focal Aria 926! The Focals crushed the polks in every area. My only recommendation is be patient as the Focals break in, they were a little rough around the edges fresh out of the box. You will love them, I’ve got a death grip on mine.

The Focals are extremely WAF friendly.

Did you do the wood/vinyl or gloss black?

I’ve played a lot with mine and placement. The magic toe in number is 10 degrees for best soundstage.

I ended up getting the walnut vinyl because all walnut arias are on sale right now. 1000 less for the walnut over the gloss. I wouldn't have ended up with a pair unless I came across the sale.

I'll be patient with them, the room they will go in for now is not ideal for the speakers anyway so the dynamics will be a little off to start. I'll be buying a house my next duty station so I'll pick a place with an ideal room at that point. These are going to my my end all speakers for a long time I feel

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    edited January 2018
    I could have happily lived with them as my end game speaker as well, I also have Electra’s, and the Arias use trickle down tech from the more expensive tweeter. The Arias are very good, and the 926 is very sweet, easy to drive, nice tight bass, fantastic build, and soundstage that goes for miles. The Aria isn’t a picky speaker for placement, my Electra’s are extremely sensitive to poor placement, to the point they sound like crap, the Aria sounds great just plopped in place. Those flax drivers are dead sexy!
    Congrats!
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• stangman67
    Thanks! I'm pumped for them to arrive