More Pass Labs - Not Young Anymore!

2»

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I didn’t realize Neil needed the money. Anyway, good purchase. However, you need custom, audiophile, Pass meter covers in order to enjoy your system in the dark, or low light environments. :)

5fuo71fbf5ca.jpeg
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I spent an evening pouring through the online catalog. Really an eclectic mix of goodies.

Congrats Mr. B., moving to CA has been good to you.

I spent a lot of time looking over the whole catalog too. That train collection! WOW!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I didn’t realize Neil needed the money. Anyway, good purchase. However, you need custom, audiophile, Pass meter covers in order to enjoy your system in the dark, or low light environments. :)

5fuo71fbf5ca.jpeg
    You seriously need to give me that XP-22 if all the respect you can show it is to put half of it on the floor like that. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    Actually John, the floor is better than many racks. The Pass ps sits on a nice, solid, synthetic, wood appearance material. That sits on top of a concrete slab, which sits on the ground. Vibrations are nill. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    All I know Bud is...the person that dusts your house does an excellent job, tip them well. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    @BlueFox

Careful man! There’s a family of large snakes living behind your audio rack. :#;)
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    Excellent! If you don't have the manuals, here they are.

https://www.passlabs.com/amplifier/x150.5#modal2

I would email Pass with your plans and the back story to your ownership of the amp. Their customer service is top notch.

https://www.passlabs.com/contact-us
  • nooshinjohn
    Two words Bud...

cable management.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    I’m looking forward to seeing you, the amp and its provenance on a future episode of Antiques Roadshow. The appraiser will undoubtably ask if you have any idea of its value. If that we’re to ever happen, my guess is that you bought very well.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Two words Bud...

cable management.

If I had his setup, I wouldn't give a **** :D

That 150.5 is definitely a nice piece which still fetches some big coin. Nice aquisition for sure! (>>>This guy<<< is a little jealous)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • BlueFox
    tonyb wrote: »
    All I know Bud is...the person that dusts your house does an excellent job, tip them well. :)

Since I do it, I tipped myself by ordering new speaker cables. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Malbec wrote: »
    Excellent! If you don't have the manuals, here they are.

https://www.passlabs.com/amplifier/x150.5#modal2

I would email Pass with your plans and the back story to your ownership of the amp. Their customer service is top notch.

https://www.passlabs.com/contact-us

Thanks @Malbec - didn't come with manual or any paperwork outside of the auction provenance so I appreciate that! Seems like Pass is a great outfit - I can't wait to give them a ring and see what can/needs to be done. It's a suite sounding machine for sure!
    Two words Bud...

cable management.

LOL - I'm glad you can't see the crazy rats nest behind my rack here in LA in that picture, @BlueFox is looking pretty clean comparatively!
    BlueFox wrote: »

Love those "blackout curtains" - neatly done, but I kinda like the pale blue light, goes well with the warm glow of tubes above!

VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• nooshinjohn
    MrBuhl... I live in Woodland Hills, and you are welcome to drop by any time.

• MrBuhl
    Thanks @nooshinjohn - that is much appreciated - would like to make that happen!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables

Polk SDA1c modded
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Pho-700 Phono Pre

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Love me some blue LEDs.
    MrBuhl wrote: »
    Love those "blackout curtains" - neatly done, but I kinda like the pale blue light, goes well with the warm glow of tubes above!

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Love me some blue LEDs.

Blue LED's and orange glow from tubes...just doesn't get much better on a cold, wintery night.
  • Clipdat
    Reminds me of this Nixie Tube clock that I just gave to my father as a birthday & Christmas gift:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

kharp1 wrote: »
    Blue LED's and orange glow from tubes...just doesn't get much better on a cold, wintery night.

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I got to have one, gonna google it now.
  • Clipdat
    There are various levels of quality. The one above that I got off eBay was about $350 plus shipping from the Ukraine. It features tubes that can be replaced, and came with a spare.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nixie-Tube-Clock-on-vintage-IN-14-soviet-nixie-Vintage-Steampunk-Style-/173013128002?hash=item284862d342:g:SrMAAOSwZrtZsv4A&amp;nma=true&amp;si=83cSltC7aheZ2NjZpWWBus%2FwItA%3D&amp;orig_cvip=true&amp;rt=nc&amp;_trksid=p2047675.l2557

s-l1600.jpg

kharp1 wrote: »
    I got to have one, gonna google it now.

• MrBuhl
    Yikkies - that's handsome, but more than I expected cost-wise.

Polk SDA1c modded
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Pho-700 Phono Pre

• Clipdat
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, there are certainly cheaper (made in China, I'm guessing) options: https://tubedepot.com/products/nixie-clock-with-4-in-14-tubes-acrylic-base

But the one I went with has a handmade (or at least hand polished/stained) wood base, as well as the mini tubes for the ":" parts.

It was really one of the nicer ones for sure, albeit at an increased cost.
    Yikkies - that's handsome, but more than I expected cost-wise.

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    They are cool! B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.