In-ceiling speakers for steam shower

Hi there,

I'm looking for in-ceiling speakers to be placed inside my steam shower.
On this forum I found some suggestions but they seem dated, and thus often pointing to older (discontinued) models.

From the currently available in-ceiling speakers, which one would be suited for the conditions in a steam shower?

I'm also considering a single stereo speaker, due to space limitations.

Thanks!

Comments

• Have you found a good option? I'm looking for speakers inside of my steam shower as well.

Andrew
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I'm thinking something along the lines of a waterproof marine speaker for that application in a shower. Though one has to wonder....how long of a shower you take because 2 songs is plenty.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Yea, unless ur gettin down in the shower I think a waterproof Bluetooth speaker would do just fine. As much as I love music I don’t need it in the shower!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    I have one of these that I put in the bathroom if I feel like having music while I shower: http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=FOXL
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Yea I bought this for the beach and use it in the garage and also use it in hotels when traveling and I am always shocked at the SQ. If you put it up against a wall you even get the illusion of decent bass response. I certainly wouldn't use it to replace any of my systems but I think it would work great for the shower:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K9NLCV8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer