appreciate any advice on new receiver and on my A9's. Just picked up a LG 65" OLED :-)

couple of years ago I pushed and got together a set of A9's, CSi A6 center and two FXi A6's and with some great advice picked up an Emotiva XPA-5 used on the forum here to power them all. Got some nice blue jean cables and life has been good except I Have always wanted to move up from my receiver pioneer vsx-1121-k.

Now I feel I really need to do it as I bought and installed my new LG OLED65CP TV. OMG its gorgeous. Such a wonderful picture and size. I am sure I need to upgrade tho to get the proper connections to get the best out of it.

I am willing to spend enough to get what will work but don't need to outspend the level of my system.
In addition I use my receiver to power another zone in the kitchen and I love to use Airplay.

Any recommendations? I got some advice here before to look Marantz but that was a year ago. I had to put off the purchase till now. (patience is a virtue and necessity) I notice that 2017's are being discounted to clear out.

The Emotiva powers the A9's, Center and FXi's. The Receiver powers the speakers in the kitchen for zone 2. I had a thought to split the A9's and use 2 channels for each to power better and use the last channel for the CSi Center and then run the FXi's on the receiver. Thinking that what I appreciate most is music and less the home theater.

So.... I would deeply appreciate any thoughts on receiver level that would match the speakers and to get most out of OLED and.... also is that thought on the A9's a good idea or ....

Much appreciation for any thoughts and input.

Thanks,
Wood.
Wood4sheep2
Pioneer vsx-1121-k
Emotiva XPA-5
polkaudio Rti A9 L/R
polkaudio Csi A6 center
polkaudio FXi a6 surround
Pinnacle Subcompact 8 subwoofer
Zone 2 jbl xcite
LG OLED65CP

Samsung BDP-5900 Blu-ray

Ipad IControlAV2
Harmony One
Blue Jean Cables

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited January 2018
    A Marantz receiver is still a good option if you can find a 2017 model x011 series on clearout pricing. They did not change much with the current models. Pioneer receivers are no longer as cutting edge as what they used to be.

I doubt you would see much if any improvement running two channels from the Emotiva into each A9 but it is nice to have options to try out. Give it a whirl.
  • Emlyn wrote: »
    A Marantz receiver is still a good option if you can find a 2017 model x011 series on clearout pricing.

Any thoughts on a model? Thanks for input.

Wood4sheep2
    Pioneer vsx-1121-k
    Emotiva XPA-5
    polkaudio Rti A9 L/R
    polkaudio Csi A6 center
    polkaudio FXi a6 surround
    Pinnacle Subcompact 8 subwoofer
    Zone 2 jbl xcite
    LG OLED65CP

Samsung BDP-5900 Blu-ray

Ipad IControlAV2
    Harmony One
    Blue Jean Cables
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    The Marantz look at the 60xx or 70xx. May also want to look at Yamaha RX-A20xx and 30xx series
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    The Denon 4300 and 6300 models are also equivalents to the Marantz 6011 and 7011 respectively and are being closed out. All good choices. You will also gain pass through for 4K video with HDR to your TV.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I am loving my denon avr-x4200w with my new Samsung 4K tv! That or newer denon would be sweet! Wouldn’t go below the 3000 level because you want preouts.

Marantz and Yamaha are the other good options. Whatever does 4K and has preouts should work nicely!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer