I used to play guitar back in the day, I tried to get back into it the easy way

afterburnt
afterburnt Posts: 7,892
edited December 2017 in Video Games
I played around with "Rocksmith"? and it was ok, I still have it so my PS3 could be of some use. Anyway back before all the tech stuff I was learning a lot of theory and it helped me advance more so than that Rocksmith thing (it is good for what it is). Does anyone know a pc program that is good to re-learn from? I have time to myself now and still have a couple of nice guitars. BTW I almost cut off the tip of my index finger, it is healing nicely so it's like "use em if you got em".

Comments

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I use to play a little Guitar Hero! but I was never much of Hero :p

I cut the tip off my left thumb, and 3 year later a made a massive cut into the tip of my right thumb. I'd post a pic but most here wouldn't like the pic :#
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • My lil bro used to practice with rocksmith...he liked it a lot.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • My kids both received instruments for Christmas from their grandparents. My 8yo son got a 3/4 fender acoustic guitar and my daughter a Baldwin Acrosonic piano. I guess I need to foot the bill for their lessons as I know jack about either.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,065
    I used to play a little geetar also, very badly. I still have an old Jackson Charvel, a Mesa Boogie with an intermittent pre amp fault and a host of assorted pedals. Have not touched any of them in 15 tears. I bought those background play along CD thingies etc, but you can't get anywhere without playing with other humans.
  • voltz wrote: »
    I cut the tip off my left thumb, and 3 year later a made a massive cut into the tip of my right thumb. I'd post a pic but most here wouldn't like the pic :#

Are you a carpenter, meat cutter, mechanical press operator, etc.? Or, is self-mutilation just a hobby? :#
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    voltz wrote: »

Are you a carpenter, meat cutter, mechanical press operator, dumbass :D:D:D .? Or, is self-mutilation just a hobby? :#

Fixed it ;):p

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    36 year dumbass Aircraft worker :#

both times I was cutting a large piece sheet metal on a band saw when the parts grabbed and pull my hand into the saw. got lucky that now you can't tell I ever been cut and that it only took the tip off.

I could never play a guitar with my big club fingers anyways :p
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Funny kinda, as I've cut my finger to the bone on the band saw, because my dumbass raised the guard :/
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a