Recommendations for 900-LS 5.1 speaker system

I’m looking for AVR recommendations for my 900-LS 5.1 Home theater speaker system. Currently running it with a Marantz SR5005. The sound just doesn’t seem to flow very seamlessly. Center speaker sounds a little flat - then, when sounds to any one of the side speakers, that speaker seems louder and brighter. Any recommendations?

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    Whats a 900-LS speaker system?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Have you adjusted the center channel manually?

Don't always rely on the Audyssey's default setting
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • y_w8
    y_w8 Posts: 13
    5.1 using Polk 900-ls in-ceiling speakers
  • y_w8
    y_w8 Posts: 13
    Only used Audyssey, so far.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    If you don't already know, I believe the tweeters and be adjusted, 2nd before running Audyssey make sure you heat/AC is off and get it as quiet in the room as possible.

After running Audyssey, look up what settings it set your speakers at, write them down. Then pick a couple movies and start playing with the settings manually

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    edited December 2017
    Ok since I'm not an inwall guy I'm not familiar with those model numbers.
    That being said I concur with the above advise. The room needs to be dead quite. I had a fish room and can say from experience that Audyssey can pick up something as quite as water ripple sounds and it will have a huge effect on the final calculation it does. Make it a death chamber absolutely no sounds except the white noise it produces.
    Then yes tweak a bit more.