Dagnabit, I need to buy something to play my music!

I gave up on playing from my notebook, so now with all the stuff I have I can only play my hard drive through my Oppo. I want that thing to last forever for disc. What do I need to plug in a portable HD? I dont think I can play a portable HD through my iFi micro.

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    oh, and I ain't got no money left
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    afterburnt wrote: »
    oh, and I ain't got no money left

It seems like your only hope is to find a free guitar and make your own music.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Or just play with yourself...
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    DSkip wrote: »
    Plug it into the Aries Mini.

Was going to say the same. But if it works through the Oppo then what’s the problem? The Oppo lasts longer than start wars.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• afterburnt
    edited December 2017
    I have a Hello Kitty boom box but it's just for lookin at. The mini is in the dungeon 2 channel. I got to see if this iFi has a powered usb which I seriously doubt. Ken, I only have one hand so how am I supposed to type?
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    The OPPO is your Swiss Army Knife, I use mine for laptop, hard drive, Chromecast Audio, what seems to be the problem with using your Oppo?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • afterburnt
    edited December 2017
    Steve, I don't want to use it up (they ain't making em anymore) . I would rather use it for playing hirez disc, the few that I have. Well it's kind of a lot sacs dvda blew ray hdcd. Anyway I don't have any other way to play music in the parlor with only the pre and the amp. I need another streamer I guess, the HD Wifi thing won't work because there's no interface.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Old laptop, desktop computer will act as an interface, but, there's always drawbacks yo that as well, but, it does work.
  • afterburnt
    I hate this tablet, it filled in Wifi for something else I was typing that I have since forgotten.
  • afterburnt
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Old laptop, desktop computer will act as an interface, but, there's always drawbacks yo that as well, but, it does work.

The PC doesn't sound as good as the oppo0 even if I run it with the IFI ( oh that's what I was typing ) anyway I guess I have to deal with it since I don't have money for a real solution. I like money uh.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Bruce...."use it up" ? WTF is that ? You talk like it's a woman. lol

Use it man, your not going to shorten it's life span by using another input on the Oppo.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • afterburnt
    tonyb wrote: »
    Bruce...."use it up" ? WTF is that ? You talk like it's a woman. lol

Use it man, your not going to shorten it's life span by using another input on the Oppo.

You don't understand it's like that old dude with the clock in The Twilight Zone!