i have a pair of 4.6 monitor series.one is sl2500,while other is sl2000 tweeter?why?

Options
any help please

Best Answers

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Replaced at one point?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Answer ✓
    Options
    First off if you brought them brand new in 1990 why did you settle for two mismatched speakers? You will need to look at the crossovers and IF you have two different crossovers make them match. For me I'd go with the rd-0198 tweeter replacement for sl2500 if your crossovers match the sl2000 then the replacement tweeter is rd-0194.
    Two very different tweeters sl2000 and sl2500 so 1990 i would of made sure i got a matched set. To my knowledge there was never ferrofluid in any sl2000. If indeed both are series one then the replacement tweeters are rd-0194 available from polk for 50.00 if you tell them you belong to club polk forum.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Time to pull the serial numbers... Something is out of sorts. If both are fried, a pair of RDO-194s will drop right in. I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment on the fluid aspect... Yet
  • TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The replacement tweeter for a SL2500 is the RDO198 and the replacement tweeter for a SL2000 is the RDO194. The crossover is different it uses different capacitors depending on which tweeter the speaker is designed to use.

I would say it's time to pull the crossovers to see which caps are used to determine which tweeters they are designed to be used with.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Answers

• dirk
    dirk Posts: 4
    Options
    not to my knowledge? bought them new in june of 1990. both are no good.is there a diaphragm kit for these?
  • dirk
    Options
    the 2500 is black dome and the wire is loose at voice coil. the 2000 is a silver coil that is all cracked and broke is there ferrofluid in these because the 2500 has it in there but the 2000 seems dry?
  • dirk
    Options
    thanks for help.just wondering if worth $100 to fix? drivers seem ok but how do I know if crossovers are ok? I listened to knew polk audio speakers but they just don't seem to sound the same? crossover numbers are the same but don't know for what tweeter?