So, this happened about 9 hours ago...............

Comments

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    tratliff wrote: »
    That's looks bad. How low was your blood sugar? and how do you control it?

Many years of experience here. Type 1 for 40 years with a insulin pump.

When they arrived and put me on a gurney and tested it it was 45mg/dL. That was higher than it was when I hit the glass for sure. I am still using the vial and syringe method (and glucose meter). My A1C's have been 5.4 or less (typically, 5.1 or 5.2) for the last 27 years. I have had diabetes for 33 years.

Which pump are you using? I am seriously considering one.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Ouch dude. I am sorry this happened to you.....don't know what else to say but I hope that it heels fast and scar less.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • headrott
    Thank you Tom.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    45 is pretty low but I have been checking it myself when mine has been 34.

I have the Medtronic 751 pump.

That is a pretty low A1C. I would assume your blood sugars run in the 70-80 range normally. Seems like it might be a little close to the edge, but that maybe just for me, especially if you take to much insulin and are not watching it closely. And combine that with long acting insulin and you can get into trouble quick.

The pump has changed my life. My A1C normally runs 6.0-6.2. Regular blood sugar is 110-125. The best thing the pump does is allow you to only take fast acting (Humalog) insulin. The reason this is such a good thing is that you don't have fast acting and long acting insulin working at the same time. I take 1.5 units per hour and a sliding scale via the pump when I eat.

Since being on the pump I have not had an event that I did not take care of myself.

PM me if you would like more details.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,065
    edited November 2017
    I tried the pump for a while, and could not get on with it - I could not get a basal dose that worked. Didn't much like the permanent attachment either. However, my endo has told me that more of his Type 1 patients are on the pump than not, so maybe I am weird or didn't try hard enough. My A1c is usually high 5s and low 6s - does your doctor advise that your levels be that low? Mine gets worried when I get into the 5s and warns me to be careful. In fact, a recent study in Sweden has shown tha A1c levels below 5.6 carry a 500% increased risk of headbutting glass faced hutches.

Anyway, hope you have a speedy recovery from the current problem.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    OUCH! Man them 4 guys came into your place to jack your equipment and tossed you into the hutch right?
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Man!
    Hope you get to feeling better soon!
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    The pump has changed my life. My A1C normally runs 6.0-6.2. Regular blood sugar is 110-125.
    My wife was a Type I for 36 years. Going on the pump about 18 years ago was the best thing she ever did for her diabetes care. Her numbers were similar to those tratliff cited. Easier to adjust for variations in diet, exercise, sickness. As a spouse who saw the benefits I recommend you give it a try. She did not have success with the continuous glucose monitoring system. Never worked right for her.

Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • DAYUM! That's gotta hurt. I hope the doc gave you a 55 gallon bag full of good pain killers.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    Derf wrote: »
    The pump has changed my life. My A1C normally runs 6.0-6.2. Regular blood sugar is 110-125.
    My wife was a Type I for 36 years. Going on the pump about 18 years ago was the best thing she ever did for her diabetes care. Her numbers were similar to those tratliff cited. Easier to adjust for variations in diet, exercise, sickness. As a spouse who saw the benefits I recommend you give it a try. She did not have success with the continuous glucose monitoring system. Never worked right for her.

I agree on the glucose monitoring system. Mine has it but I don't use it. I check my blood sugar the old fashion way, about 5 times per day. The continuous system seems like it needs more R/D.

But overall the pump is a great way to administer insulin.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    First rule of fight club is....
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    First rule of fight club is....

The hutch knew what it was can't cha tell o:)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Dang man, sorry to hear about this. Get rid of glass stuff man, you could have easily been harmed worst than you did.

Maybe wear a Hockey mask around the house. Be interesting anyway when neighbors ring your bell, or Jehovah Witnesses. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Time for a one month of healing selfie update.

Shirt on please--we don't want anyone's fragile sensibilities shattered. :D
  • headrott
    I'll get it done @BlueMDPicker. Give me a little time.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    headrott wrote: »

Thats what HE said :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Damn Son, Sorry for your tumble! A scalp or facial wound does bleed like a "Stuck Hog". That's slang for a Butt Load of Blood. Hope you heal quickly and get to feeling better!
  • headrott wrote: »

0yqd1dgbjen9.gif
  • headrott
    edited December 2017
    Here to appease the "fans". :D
    4g2z29bx99vu.jpg
    p1qvh2hsgg45.jpg

The camera (or lighting?) doesn't really pick up the scarring on my face and scalp too well. It's getting better, but I will have permanent scars for sure. I hope my hair grows back too. :blush:

Also, these pictures make my face look fat, LOL. :smiley:
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• Looking good after what you went through (no pun intended). Keep feeling better!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    The healing looks great.
    Usually a camera will make scratches on something appear worse. So I believe you've healed very well !

The people I've met who have had scalp cuts, including me, have had hair grow back.

I think the wound has to heal completely before the hair growing process kick starts again in full force. The human body is amazing for sure !

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    How many cameras had to die to get that picture, Headrott? :p

Glad you are healing up ok bro...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • headrott
    edited December 2017
    msg wrote: »
    You're in good company
    Fact: Charlton Heston was known for throwing all his friends through glass cabinets.

9t6qk7rzuuax.jpg

Question: WTF did he do to his enemies? :#

Also, his hair still looks better than mine does. :D
    Post edited by headrott on
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Don't forget to consider all of your options. :p

23xh04b22h9i.jpg
  • headrott
    Viking64 wrote: »

23xh04b22h9i.jpg

Yeah, I have the inverse of that right now. Should I go the other direction?
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    You are healing up very well, and yes your hair will eventually grow back to cover it up.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    headrott wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »

23xh04b22h9i.jpg

Yeah, I have the inverse of that right now. Should I go the other direction?

Yes ear to ear Mohawk it