question about psw505

Hello,

I am wondering if the PSW505 makes an audible click when it goes in and out of sleep mode? And whether it's possible to adjust the time after which it will go in sleep mode when there is no signal (or make it not go into sleep at all).

I ask this because I'm looking to replace my current sub which clicks loudly when it comes in and out of sleep mode. (it's a failing Infinity TSS-1200, a 12-inch 250W sub, and due to a failing capacitor it goes into sleep only seconds after there is no signal, which can be very distracting)

Thanks for any insight!

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Very rarely do I hear a quiet thump when mine go active, but usually they are silent going into and out of sleep. You can have the 505 constantly on, but I don't see the point in that. Sleep mode takes about 15 minutes after signal is lost.
  • Thank you :) It's great to know that it's very rare that it makes any sound at all. When you say you can have the 505 constantly on, do you mean there is a switch to tell it "don't ever go into sleep?" I'm looking at a photo of the back of it, I assume that would be putting the switch to "ON" (full down position) as opposed to middle position labelled "AUTO"?
    Sorry to be pedantic about this - since the sleep in/out is the only reason I'm replacing my sub, I want to make sure I know what to expect.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,966
    Can u leave your current sub always on? I doubt it draws much current when idle.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • I cannot leave my current sub always on no. So looks like I'll be going for the 505.
    Thanks for your help FestYboy!
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Np. I'll be setting aside some time this week to work out some potential mods for them to see if I can get some more out of the enclosure tuning.