Hello and looking for advise on my next purchase, speaker wires, RCA cables, and CD player

Options
2»

Comments

• AngerB
    AngerB Posts: 23
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    A good example of why a terminal should be soldered, not crimped or screwed down.

I know, I was shocked. Looks like it was assembled by a highschool car audio technician.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    AngerB wrote: »
    A good example of why a terminal should be soldered, not crimped or screwed down.

I know, I was shocked. Looks like it was assembled by a highschool car audio technician.

Maybe JR high, no way that would have made it through class in my High School.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • TNTsTunes
    Options
    mrloren wrote: »
    AngerB wrote: »

Maybe JR high, no way that would have made it through class in my High School.

Put some power threw connections like that and pretty soon you'll see smoke. I've seen a binding post melt the plastic it was in after an extended loud party.

Especially if the connector is oversized when compared to the wire. I've seen it many times, especially in car audio.

"Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."