SRS 3.1 interconnect cable

First day on the forum, so I already know I'm going to sound dumb and I apologize. I'm an audiofile noob. Can anyone point me to where I can get a new, or good used pin blade interconnect cable that is 30-feet, ish?

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks, Tony. I'll find him and ask.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    That pin blade end is going to be VERY HARD to find. Most here have converted to speakon's connection for that very reason. In the past some made use of RCA plugs that they trimmed off the outside gripper petals so the inner shaft could get deeper into the pin part. The blade part was not ever needed except for support of the cable, UNLESS you were using mono block type of amps then it served as the common ground part, from what I remember. The reason many moved away from the RCA was that in some cases it never made a good connection.
    Doug may have something I cannot say so it is worth a try.

Good luck..
  • We don't have any of the pin blade connectors, so can't make copy of the original cable. We can make the speakon connector cable though.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    Is the blade even necessary? Until I got my Dreadnought, with new cables, my SDA cable was nothing more than a length of wire with RCA connectors with the outside connectors cut off of the RCA
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    trav0810 wrote: »
    Is the blade even necessary? Until I got my Dreadnought, with new cables, my SDA cable was nothing more than a length of wire with RCA connectors with the outside connectors cut off of the RCA

Correct on the blade Travis. Did you get a good tight fit with the RCA's