Grandson joined ROTC

gudnoyez
gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
edited October 2017 in The Clubhouse
fibegdwzymbb.jpeg

Marine to boot Semper FI B) I hope they wipe them Rosy Red Cheeks of his face and remove that smile off him! We're all proud of him.
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    That's wonderful
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Atta boy, Skyler!! Salute!
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Won't take long for him to loose the smile. He'll be better for it.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Semper Fi... make sure he goes airwing and not grunt. He would look good in an F35.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    It's high school guys he is also involved in football, Trap shooting he likes to stay busy not sure if any of his activities are career choosing he likes being involved in things. Thanks guys.
    lightman1 wrote: »

Don't forget Russ me and Skyler are taking you ice fishing after Deer Camp and have other activities planned for you Russ be prepared.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Good for him. Hate seeing em go but that's life..........I guess?? remembering when my boy Zach went into the Marines 5 years ago...seems like yesterday. Sure did him some good!!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Is he going to Paris or Pendleton ?
    Both are excellent vacation spots. ;)

Congrats, Pops. You done did good.
    Sal Palooza
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    It's high school guys he is also involved in football, Trap shooting he likes to stay busy not sure if any of his activities are career choosing he likes being involved in things. Thanks guys.

Don't forget Russ me and Skyler are taking you ice fishing after Deer Camp and have other activities planned for you Russ be prepared.

I'd be a little afraid of the "other activities" Russ. Steve might have you performing dance, in a tutu, for charity....which btw, I might fork over some good coin to view that. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • No biggee, but just wondering Warren is that a Russian Navy jumper in your avatar ?
    Sal Palooza
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    No biggee, but just wondering Warren is that a Russian Navy jumper in your avatar ?

I retired from Pearl Harbor, Mrbigbluelight, not as an operative..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • nooshinjohn
    warren wrote: »
    No biggee, but just wondering Warren is that a Russian Navy jumper in your avatar ?

I retired from Pearl Harbor, Mrbigbluelight, not as an operative..

And if you were a spy, would you really be telling us the truth... I think not. Time to drag out a bucket of water, rusty jumper cables and a car battery. We are gonna have us a rooskie barbecue tonight! >:):D
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289

Somehow, I think you meant, "Salud!" (glass raised high!).

Congrats to Skyler! And Grandpa, too! :)

• warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Time to drag out a bucket of water, rusty jumper cables and a car battery. We are gonna have us a rooskie barbecue tonight! Boy you play a good game now the game is finished..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • nooshinjohn
    gudnoyez wrote: »

Do your very best to make sure if he decides on choosing to join my beloved Corps that he goes through college first and earns is 2nd Lieutenant “butter-bars” first. There are a lot more opportunities for him that way. If I were to do it all over again, I would have been an officer, and maybe even a gentleman. B)

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Congrats !!

To see your son enlist and then a grandson start the journey has to be every military mans' life's' desire. At least 2 big ones of many maybe..

Having a Daughter join has to be a proud act to cherish also !
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Nice, ROTC looks good on a resume and helps with college entry. It is one of the stand out's I notice when going through resume's. I kid that wants to be above the rest is who I want working for me.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music