Signa S1 with AUX HELP

Options
My proscan tv does not have optical output so I have to use an AUX. the problem I'm having is the sound is terrible. White noise always in the background and little pops. The only place the aux cord fits on the tv says "earphone". What am I doing wrong?!

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Not using earphones
    The ohms are probably high and the voltage low to push anything but head or ear phones
    Welcome to club Polk.

Proscan TV flash back to 1992 ;)
  • cmmatthews
    Options
    Thank you! Is there a way to convert the optical cord to something else? Here is what the tv looks like. 7x02zshso98c.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    Wow i was not aware proscan was still a TV last i seen they were CRT TV and going down the tubes.... pun intended
    Where are you located?
    Once upon a time there was optical to digital coax converters or vice versa.
  • cmmatthews
    Options
    Would the optical be the output? I have looked but it doesn't seem like I can find the right thing.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Your TV doesn't have an optical output. It appears, and I could be wrong, that you have a digital coax output, next to the analog audio left and right outputs. Best read your manual for the TV to discern exactly what the single coax output is....digital or analog.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • jpatt155
    Options
    I also have a Proscan TV that is mounted on the wall. I just recently bought a soundbar because a tech that was in my house said My speakers were popping and cracking. I have hearing aids in both ears, so I did not hear it. I got a soundbar on Amazon and it arrived today. It came with a 3.5mm plug that goes in the aux port, The instruction says I need an RCA audio cable which I have, but the connections are on the back. I didn't have the model number, but it's 55 inches.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. To be most helpful it would be best of you could provide the model number of both the TV and the soundbar. That way we can look up their owner's manuals and give you the best advice.