Still heartbroken...

Options
gi5ibkvt9wsh.jpg

A week ago today we said goodbye to our sweet pup Abby. She was the best dog, so well behaved and loved by everyone.

She seemed to be in good health, getting a little slow at 11 years old with 2 repaired ACL's but active and good appetite. A week prior to her passing she all of a sudden lost appetite and was really lethargic. Took her to the vet, blood tests and Xrays. The Xrays were inconclusive but the blood work showed very low red blood cell count. Next step was ultrasound which revealed large inoperable tumors on her adrenal glands. We thought we could keep her around (selfishly) with meds but she regressed quickly to the point of losing control of her bowels and zero energy, all in the space of less than a week.

This post is not intended as a pity party for me but a reminder to cherish every moment with your beloved pets....

Comments

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Awesome pic, thanks for sharing!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited October 2017
    Options
    We have a dog that is 17 years old, he is in the twilight of his life. I can't help but dread that day.

Sounds like you have found comfort in the memories.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Sounds like you were truly blessed by her sharing her life with you. Take care. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    We have a dog that is 17 years old, he is in the twilight of his life. I can't help but dread that day.

Sounds like you have found comfort in the memories.

Trying, it's hard.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,452
    Options
    Awww man, I'm really sorry to hear this, Ken. Been through it a few times and it's gut wrenching, sad and painful beyond words having to let them go. The feelings of helplessness, when you'd give damn near anything to save them... Feeling for you guys, man.

What a happy beautiful girl. There's nothing like a dog's spirit... Hang in there.
    I disabled signatures.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Hang in there, I know it's tough letting them go. They love us unconditionally and ask for so little in return.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,906
    Options
    Sorry to hear this Ken, I love our pets and I’m not looking forward to those days..
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yep, a dog is the only animal on this planet that loves you more than it loves itself.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,577
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Remember this. Ken you gave that dog the best life it could ever have. It's so hard to let go trust me i know.
    Condolences
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    :'( my sympathies, I know when I loose my oldest I'm gonna be a mess. Good pets bring out the best in us.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Options
    So sorry. Be well.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Sorry about your loss.

I think dogs are named dogs for a reason. GOD spelled backwards is DOG. Such a close comparison in spelling and what each does us. They LOVE us till the end.

Time heals all wounds. It's hard at first for sure.
    Think of the good times you had with Abby.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    They are family, we have some and I really dread that day.

RIP Abby.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Not much to say Ken except I'm sorry,
    It hurts
    Great pic
    Post edited by txcoastal1 on
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    Sorry for your pain. 8 years ago I took "brown dog" as I called took to the vet.

She was better known as Mugsy.

Vet did the tests, gave the bad news, left the room in tears and I just petted her for a while.

It will sound crazy but she had a facial expression knowing what was coming and I swear by that facial expression, she let me know she was ready not to hurt anymore and that it was ok and the best thing to do.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    I know what you are going through and it's hard. Sorry for your loss brother.

When I was about 3 years old we got a crazy Weimaraner. When I was 17 she had passed. She was a great dog and even better friend. I have almost refused to get another dog ever since. That hurt me so bad I don't want to go through it again.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your Abby. You gave her a great life and she enjoyed it. All the best. Are you considering a new one?
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    Options
    Ken

So sorry to hear of this:( Pets give us their best for the short time they are here. Be sure on down the road you give another dog the chance to shine!
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Sorry to hear this Ken, those darn cold noses put smiles on your face.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Ken - so sorry for your loss. Pets are family and a loss like this is always difficult. Sincere condolences. RIP Abby.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Sorry to hear Ken.

Many of us know your pain.

All dogs go to heaven and Abby will be there waiting for you.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    Options
    So sorry to hear this. 11 years of love and loyalty from her. My heart goes out to you & your family for your loss.
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,044
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It's tough.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,475
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. My last dog stole my heart. Very hard day when she passed. Time does heal the wound.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,972
    Options
    Losing a loved one is always tough. We've gone through this several times over the years and it's never easy. My wife insists we look for another 4 legged friend after a short period of grieving and it actually does help a bit. It helps our surviving dog too(we have always had 2 dogs). But, I still miss some of our buddies like it happened last week even though they have been long gone. You are right Ken, cherish the moments while you have them and never forget them.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,533
    Options
    Sorry man. When that time comes for our 3 dogs its gonna be tough, especially my Corgi Fox since he's been with me through too much to mention.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Feel bad for you man. It's tough losing a pet. Soon, the sad memories will be replaced with the good memories. Hang in there.

In the words of Roy Rogers: "If there aren't any dogs in heaven, I want to go where they went..."
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    sorry for your loss Ken. It sucks for sure.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about this Ken, thoughts and prayers to your family.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    That's a great looking pic to remember her by, but I know how sad those days are, sorry to hear it.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre