Sonore ultraRendu

I have been using the Sonore microRendu for some time and really love the sound it makes with the flac files on my pc. Well of course Sonore made a better renderer so I had to get it. I'm using the LPS-1 for power and the ultra is much better. I think a few are using the micro here. The ultra is punchier and better bass. I can't believe it sounds better. How do they keep making files sound better? Magic. I think it's magic.
I'm already using the micro for the tv system and sounds great. The ultra sounds awesome in the big rig.

http://www.sonore.us/ultraRendu.html
Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server

Comments

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    Jesus makes good stuff.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Will be receiving my microRendu next week. Any tips or tricks to setting it up for a novice?
    Anthem MRX 510
    XBOX 360
    WD Live Media Streamer
    Totem Model 1 Signature L/R/C
    Totem Rainmaker surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD

Go Dolphins!
    B)
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    So the ultra is worth the upgrade? Nice pick up btw!!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Jesus makes good stuff.

"jesus is just alright with me . . . "

Carl

• schwarcw
    edited October 2017
    I've been using the microRendu for about 18 months now. I did upgrade to the LPS-1 power supply. I am very satisfied with the sound and software interface with Roon. I also have the SonicOrbiter which I used before the microRendu. I did not see a huge difference switching to the microRendu or the upgrade to the LPS-1 power supply. There were changes but they were more subtle to my ear.

I like some of the changes Jesus did to the ultraRendu chassis, connectors, etc. These are good changes. I think that I will pass on the ultraRendu for now and maybe get the next generation??

I hope to see Jesus at RMAF. His partner was there last year.
    Carl

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    schwarcw wrote: »

"Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?...."

Jesus made one heck of a USB to I2S card too.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • schwarcw
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    schwarcw wrote: »

Jesus made one heck of a USB to I2S card too.

Hell yes! I have yours LOL!

But you got another from Jesus.

Carl