Hey polk, a webpage mistake?

madmax
madmax Posts: 12,434
edited April 2002 in Technical/Setup
I was looking at the Vibra-pods you have for sale. The mistake, I believe, is that you say each series is good for a component weighing x number of pounds but actually the weight is for one foot of the component (or 1/4th the weight).
Example: series 3 supports something around 48 lbs or 12 pounds for each Vibra-pod. Your add says it supports a component that weighs 12 lbs. At least that is what the Vibra-pod add claims.

My number may be off a little because I'm going by memory. Do I win a speaker for finding this? :)
Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
Post edited by madmax on

Comments

• madmax
    edited April 2002
    Just because I would like to make your life easier and I'm such a nice guy, here is the link.

http://www.vibrapod.com/specifications.htm

madmax

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited April 2002
    I noticed that a long time ago but never bothered to say anything. Guess I should have.....

Aaron
  • madmax
    edited April 2002
    Yea,
    I'm ready to order about 4 sets but I'm a little afraid maybe these are packaged or named differently than the ones you get elsewhere. I'm just not sure. I think they should give me a free set, what do you think?
    madmax

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited April 2002
    Oh you should definitely get a free set! ;)

Aaron
  • madmax
    edited April 2002
    It is pretty strange that Polk never responded. I ordered them anyway since I think I know how to choose them but what about someone who orders the wrong weight versions because of the add? They will never know the difference but will have wasted their money because they will experience no benifit.
    madmax

• Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited April 2002
    You guys are relentless.

I'm off to fix the Polk webstore now, but know this: at the time I put that info there, the VibraPod site (where I COPIED THE INFO FROM) had the exact same info. You must have pointed this out to them as well, and they have since added the "EACH VIBRAPOD" notation.

So there. It's not always my mistake.

Not always. :D

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • madmax
    edited April 2002
    I was going to stuff old socks under the stuff but...
    madmax