Safe way to pack Tubes

Hi all,

I will be moving soon. What is the best way to pack the tubes and tube preamp. I don't have the original packing.

Cheers
HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.

Comments

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Bubble wrap and packed securely in something, like a box, so they don't slide back and forth freely. Some have fashioned storage in tackle boxes.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Put the tubes in tube boxes, then in another larger box with bubble wrap or some other form of cushioning. For the pre amp you can make custom packing material using foam insulation board from HD or Lowe's. Make sure the box has enough room for at least 2" of the foam board all all sides. It's a good idea to wrap the pre amp in a plastic bag first.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Tube boxes can be had cheap on the bay
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    .... and they come in very handy, too. I mean, you can keep tubes in 'em!

(and, no, I am not being facetious)
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Another option I have seen used for smallish signal tubes, but have not used myself, is to store them in hard plastic pill containers. I use tube boxes and bubble wrap.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I have some wrapped then stuck in toilet paper tubes....recycle :), or cut paper towel tubes
    then stacked in a plastic shoes boxes...easy to label too
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    PVC pipe
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    Hey thanks for the advice. Moving to the new place soon. So a lot of placement to play with. Larger living room but in a nice close rectangular shape minimal opening to the rooms and kitchen.

Let the F25 pressurize the room..... :D

Can't wait.
    Living room
    1eab2my00d3m.jpg
    5r7asmkkowjt.jpg
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Shouldn't we consult with Fee Waybill on this? LOLOLOLOLOL
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited September 2017
    What size tubes? I have plenty of spare unused boxes of various sizes from when I bought on eBay, I can send you what you need in an envelope. PM me.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    edited October 2017
    Well so move to a new place. The one in the pictutes was okay but a better one came along. Bigger living room. So now I have a separate area for HT and music.

Work in progess. Still more cleaning and setup to do.
    2e0994ahkkij.jpg