Question about adding PSW10's

Hi! I have a pair of Klipsch KSB 3.1 speakers. They are being driven by my Adcom 5800 power amp. The amp is connected to my laptop with a 3.5 mm > Stereo RCA cable to the Line IN jacks on the Adcom and works great. Volume is controlled by the laptop.

Here is where the plot thickens. A friend just gifted me a pair of PSW subs.

Question 1: Do I run my 3.5 mm > R RCA cable to the R Audio IN on the right sub and the L RCA cable to the L Audio IN on the left sub?

Question 2: Do I go from the R Audio OUT jack on the right sub to the R Line IN on the Adcom and the L Audio OUT jack on the left sub to the L Line IN on the Adcom?

Once I get the Klipsches and subs balanced out, will the volume control on my laptop control the mains and subs as a unit?

Thanks for any light you can shine into my little corner here!

Answers

• nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    I'd sell the subs and honestly try something different. The PSW10s are terrible subwoofers at any price or level.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    I'll assume there's no pass through on the Adcom. In that case, daisy chaining from the line outs of each sub should net you the the appropriate sound provided that the line out isn't filtered, i.e, low passed for linking another sub only. If that's the case, then you'll have to split each channel prior to amplification.