Does anyone have a "My Pillow"

Opinions, are they worth it?

Comments

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Wife uses one, we (she) has tried many a pillow over the years, she loves it! Well worth the cost.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    A good friend of mine swears by his "My Pillow."

On the other hand, my wife did some research on "The National Sleep Foundation," from which My Pillow's inventor claims to have received an award. She thinks it is a sham organization.

My thought: If you're having trouble sleeping with whatever pillow you are now using, give it a try. Like every other product of the sort, it probably works for some and not for others.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    I use one and like it. The pillow is filled with a bunch of chopped up foam pieces so you can arrange it anyway you like to make the pillow fluffy or flat.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • quickr1
    quickr1 Posts: 414
    My wife seems to like hers but I don't care for mine.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    whats a matter u?
    'Does anyone have-a my pillow'
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    Really like mine...has helped my constant neck pain when sleeping...
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    When ordering, pay attention to the part where they ask . . . something like your size and weight. Cuz there are 4 different types of filling they use.
    I recommend that if you're on the boarder, go 1 size down, JMHO

I like my, My Pillows!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Damnit, you guys. Now I want one. I've always struggled with pillows. This better be the one!

I hope it makes me happy like this.
    w94ztbjt4h7j.png
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Had 2 and didn't care for them
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited August 2017
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    w94ztbjt4h7j.png

The reason Mike Lindell is that happy? The last count I heard, he'd sold 25 Million My Pillows!

I've always slept poorly. Very poorly! Got a My Pillow and right from the start, I was getting to sleep faster and sleeping more soundly with less nighttime or early-morning awakening. The pillow also doesn't seem to get as warm or hot and I don't need to flip it during the night. It gives great neck support and has greatly reduced my neck stiffness. And, as you might have guessed.......I absolutely Love It! <3<3<3

In their favor, they do let you try it out for a generous number of nights with a full return guarantee. I don't recall how long the trial is (3 months? Maybe 4 months over Christmas, since it might sit under the tree, etc. for a month?) since I knew I was keeping mine right away.

It also comes with a ten year warranty! I don't know how great this is or if it's a pro-rated kind of thing...ie. fails after eight years, they give you a 20% credit, etc. I really never read it. The pillows are machine washable and dryable.

Proper sizing (firmness/fill level) is a big part of whether you'll be happy with it or not. I first got a Green size (a little more stuffed and right for most dudes) as advised by their website. After I'd used it for a while (couple of weeks?) and had washed it, I decided it was probably a little firm. I took it into one of the local My Pillow stores and exchanged it, without incident, for a White size (less firm and recommended for some dudes and most women). Since then, I am WAY happy!!

I also got a White size one for my sister and a Yellow size one for my 80+ year-old mother and they both love them! <3

Now, I take My Pillow along whenever I'm going to be sleeping away from my own bed!

Lastly, if you decide to try one, make sure you get the "Premium" ones and not the "Standard" ones. The Premiums have a gusset edge on them, a small vertical panel all the way around, whereas the Standard ones simply come to a tapered edge all the way around. The gusset helps with better support. They used to sell the Standard ones at Bed Bath and Beyond stores. In the My Pillow stores, they only sell the Premium ones.

Also, while you're at it, I'd say, get your pillow cases from them too. I'm glad I did. My other cases would not have worked well, size-wise. Their cases fit just right and wash and wear really well.

• teekay0007
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    w94ztbjt4h7j.png

The reason Mike Lindell is that happy? The last count I heard, he'd sold 25 Million My Pillows!

I've always slept poorly. Very poorly! Got a My Pillow and right from the start, I was getting to sleep faster and sleeping more soundly with less nighttime or early-morning awakening. The pillow also doesn't seem to get as warm or hot and I don't need to flip it during the night. It gives great neck support and has greatly reduced my neck stiffness. And, as you might have guessed.......I absolutely Love It! <3<3<3

In their favor, they do let you try it out for a generous number of nights with a full return guarantee. I don't recall how long the trial is (3 months? Maybe 4 months over Christmas, since it might sit under the tree, etc. for a month?) since I knew I was keeping mine right away.

It also comes with a ten year warranty! I don't know how great this is or if it's a pro-rated kind of thing...ie. fails after eight years, they give you a 20% credit, etc. I really never read it. The pillows are machine washable and dryable.

Proper sizing (firmness/fill level) is a big part of whether you'll be happy with it or not. I first got a Green size (a little more stuffed and right for most dudes) as advised by their website. After I'd used it for a while (couple of weeks?) and had washed it, I decided it was probably a little firm. I took it into one of the local My Pillow stores and exchanged it, without incident, for a White size (less firm and recommended for some dudes and most women). Since then, I am WAY happy!!

I also got a White size one for my sister and a Yellow size one for my 80+ year-old mother and they both love them! <3

Now, I take My Pillow along whenever I'm going to be sleeping away from my own bed!

Lastly, if you decide to try one, make sure you get the "Premium" ones and not the "Standard" ones. The Premiums have a gusset edge on them, a small vertical panel all the way around, whereas the Standard ones simply come to a tapered edge all the way around. The gusset helps with better support. They used to sell the Standard ones at Bed Bath and Beyond stores. They only have Premium ones in the My Pillow stores.

Also, while you're at it, I'd say, get your pillow cases from them too. I'm glad I did. My other cases would not have worked well, size-wise. Their cases fit just right and wash and wear really well.

• teekay0007
    edited August 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRqhH7V7VOQ

The ones shown in this video are the Standard ones - No, no, no! Only get the Premium ones!
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I will order a couple. My neck is afu and my sleep is even worse. Thanks folks!
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    They work just fine...and the part where Mike says designed it to be machine washable and dryable is true too...One of my cats puked on mine and it washed up like new!..Damned cat!...LOL!..
  • Mikey081057
    These are better

99fc14me5aoy.png

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Imma get one of those too!
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    I think we should do the blind test on these.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited August 2017
    gce wrote: »
    I think we should do the blind test on these.

but it if slips off the bed I'll break my neck finding it again!

I find I like the flattest pillow these days and not the big fluffy one that puts a crook in my neck.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Why would I have your pillow?
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Mikey081057
    Is it resistant to being bitten?

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I got the "bamboo pillow" I like it. It's a comfortable pillow but I'm young and don't have neck pain, a pillows a pillow to me.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I got the "bamboo pillow" I like it. It's a comfortable pillow but I'm young and don't have neck pain, a pillows a pillow to me.

Shut up Cody
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158

Don't you get splinters? :|
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • teekay0007
    voltz wrote: »
    I find I like the flattest pillow these days and not the big fluffy one that puts a crook in my neck.

That is exactly how I was. I like to sleep on my back and with the big fluffy pillows my head was jacked up too high and my neck would hurt the entire following day. But, with the flat pillows, my neck got no support and I'd again have pain in the neck and shoulders. Even if I bunched up the flat pillow under my neck, it would flatten out during the night. With My Pillow, I can bunch it up a little bit under my neck and have it flatter under my head and it holds its shape through the night and gives that all-important support to the C-spine area.

I saw one of their commercials on TV last night and the trial period they offer is 60 days, not three months, like I had thought and mentioned in a previous post.

• doctor r
    doctor r Posts: 837
    Love mine. Miss it when I travel even when some hotels give three or four different pillows on the bed none are as comfortable to me.
    integrated w/DAC module Gryphon Diablo 300
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    phono pre Dynamic Sounds Associates Phono II
    turntable/tonearms Origin Live Sovereign Mk3 dual arm, Origin Live Enterprise Mk4, Origin Live Illustrious Mk3c
    cartridges Miyajima Madake, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Ortofon
    speakers Rockport Mira II
    cables Synergistic Research Cables, Gryphon VPI XLR, Sablon 2020 USB
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
    ultrasonic cleaner Degritter
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    we have a few My Pillows in the house and they are good. Not my choice of pillow but a good product. I own and love the Snuggle Pedic and often you can pick one up in King size for around 80 bucks. Normally 197 a pop. I use 2 of them and like them much more then the My Pillow. I am real picky though and have beat my body up bad through the years. A little more money then the MP but a lot more pillow too.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Hey Johnny, haven't seen you around lately. Good to hear from you, hope all is well.