I am kind of surprised: no discussion here (yet) of Schiit's dipping its metaphorical toe in vinyl?

Comments

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Got my interest, first I had heard of this.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    So i've been scouring the webs for an affordable used Clearaudio Concept.
    I don't think the Sol is going to be that kind of caliber. I'll keep looking. ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited July 2017
    Looks like a total piece of schiit...
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I don't think the Sol is going to be that kind of caliber. I'll keep looking. ;)

You know -- I knows a guy what has a CA/Marantz TT-15S1 just sittin' inna box inna corner, he does...

m5r788iopa07.png

Just sayin'...

12877794893_74ddf705f7_b.jpgTT15S12 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • nooshinjohn
    edited July 2017
    I see what you are trying to do there... B)

I will raise you about 300 pounds.
    naw5k8rqvtmk.jpg
    jpu2m2kbaybs.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    bet that sounds like snot with all those dangling wires you got there:)
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

You know -- I knows a guy what has a CA/Marantz TT-15S1 just sittin' inna box inna corner, he does...

m5r788iopa07.png

Just sayin'...

12877794893_74ddf705f7_b.jpgTT15S12 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

2 dollars so I can outbid @mrbiron's 1 dollar bid hehehe....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mrbiron

m5r788iopa07.png
    2 points here. If my memory serves me correct, you said that you were displeased with the performance of that table, thus the reason why it is boxed up. The other being, i can't use that table because you will still have my phono pre :D
    Uhhhhh......i like my turntables like i like my women. That will just NOT DO! :p
  • mrbiron
    Uhhhhh......i like my turntables like i like my women.
    So broken, missing parts, and covered in dirt :wink:

Fortunately, i wrangled one that, i'm fairly certain, has all of her parts and baths daily.
    As for her being broken, she's definitely not all there being with me. 2/3 ain't bad ;)
  • mhardy6647
    edited July 2017

m5r788iopa07.png
    2 points here. If my memory serves me correct, you said that you were displeased with the performance of that table, thus the reason why it is boxed up. The other being, i can't use that table because you will still have my phono pre :D
    Uhhhhh......i like my turntables like i like my women. That will just NOT DO! :p

Wait, what? Someone actually reads the drivel I post?! I am shocked, I tell you. Shocked.

I -- ahem -- think that the tt's absolutely fine. It certainly looks nice, too. My (adult) children both thought it was far cooler looking than any of the tts I actually use.

I was less than impressed with the CA "Virtuoso Ebony" cartridge, though... but even that is something I kinda mean to go back to. Maybe the Reduction would work well with it, you know? ;)

Hey, you're the one that wants a Concept, you know?! ;)

In re: the matter of the preamp. Yeah, yeah, yeah -- c'mon up and pick up the preamp; go home with a tt. Sounds like a deal to me!

Heck, it (the TT-15S1) would at least be worth a test drive (probably for both of us).

... besides...

Gary Kaufman actually bolted a hunk of metal on the head of that same flavor of CA arm and uses a DL-103 in it (!) -- on an SL-1200 :/ Gary is not a conformist when it comes to hifi.
  • Dawgfish
    Dawgfish Posts: 2,554
    I'd be interested in the Clearaudio Virtuoso cart if you want to part ways with it.
  • mrbiron
    dolsey01 wrote: »

I'd take mhardy's TT15 over the Concept any day, I've owned both and the Concept was to me the most disappointing table I have owned.

Son of a :s
  • mhardy6647
    try before you buy ;)

Sorry, we've drifted slightly off-topic.
    We were talkin' Schiit, weren't we?
  • mrbiron
    Ok...I will try before I buy.
    Let's put something together. Seriously.

I'll PM you tomorrow with possible dates.
  • mhardy6647
    heh-heh-heh... heck, you might even manage to get your phono preamp back! ;)
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2019
    The Sol is getting closer to dumping dropping umm, being released... errm...

There was a sneak preview a day or two ago at the Motherschiit, umm I mean the Schittr.
    http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/schiit-turntable-the-giant-slayer-that-slays-giants-and-schiit.841060/page-10#post-12441407

zt57xqr8pjx5.png

ssbqg1gxcif5.png

Now, the main reason I mention this is that a couple of us were swapping predictably juvenile, scatological commentary on this at another hifi forum yesterday.
    I asked if anyone could tell what cartridge they were using in the demo, and someone thought it looked like it might be a "DIY" effort.

This caused me to muse the following musing:
    I wondered about that myself (FWIW).

They could call their own cartridge, e.g., Schiit Dröpping. Or, perhaps, Dingleberry.

There's also been some chatter to the effect that Schiit's working on a purpose-built support for the turntable.

All of which caused the majordomo :) of the site to reply:
    And they could call the turntable stand the Stool?

I'll bet they will wish they'd have thought of that themselves.

https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/so-no-discussion-here-of-schiits-dipping-its-metaphorical-toes-in-the-vinyl.2817/page-2#post-87115
  • Just what we need, some more schiit.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• mhardy6647
    it just keeps on coming.

hmm... I just imagined vandals splattering their storefront with Kaopectate.
  • It is interesting and definitely worth a look.

• nooshinjohn
    edited February 2019
    Just what we need, some more schiit.

They should have named it the Schiit Storm. The platter for this table is called a “fan”.

• tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    Considering it's continued "vaporware" status, it would be more appropriate to name it after Skrymir.

• Not exactly vaporware, as a prototype was shown a year ago, and now the 'first article' is running at the Schiter:

where: https://www.schiit.com/places

photos are at post #43638:
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/schiit-happened-the-story-of-the-worlds-most-improbable-start-up.701900/page-2910

More info from Jason about the TT is back a little more in the thread.
    A day without music is like a day without food.
  • nooshinjohn
    Discussions about this brand must be driving Ken nuts....

• mhardy6647
    That was the Schiitmeisters' intention, methinks.
    Appealing to our inner thirteen year-olds (just like Led Zeppelin) :p
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2019
    Waiting for their “faced” upgrade packages to come out. Recommended cleaning products for their gear... Charmin UltraSoft.

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862

PFFFTTT!!! You don't know Schiit !!
  • We don't know pricing yet, but it's worth considering, based on specs/discussion (in the absence of pricing). Me, I'd wait 9-12 months on it, for the product and production to settle in.