$52.99 cant beat em for the price

afterburnt
afterburnt Posts: 7,892
Rush it, they may go back up to $55.99 or who knows what tomorrow.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826138190

Comments

• afterburnt
    edited July 2017
    It's a substitute for a half dozen pairs of speakers which I actually already have now that I think about it.

Yeah man, I'm sick.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Interesting. I was thinking about purchasing them as a pair to compare to my Grados but alas the budget is tight. Hopefully they are on sale in the not too distant future.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • afterburnt
    Lol I just sent em a 2nd email for a refund. I paid $55 before they reduced it to $52 now they owe me another 3 bucks lol

I lie all the time "my name is Elmer J. Fudd, I own a mansion and a yacht "
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    So, how do they compare? Are they light weight?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    "WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including one or more listed chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov"

just sayin'
  • afterburnt
    daboyz wrote: »
    So, how do they compare? Are they light weight?

Lightweight fit weird feel a funny but not uncomfortable. The jury is still out though. I said that they sounded better than the Sennheiser 558 in some ways on my Ifi Nano, however, I have since given them a little test on an IFi Micro and I think the 558 sounded better with that amp/dac. I haven't spent enough time with them to render a sound verdict. lol
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    if they beat out the 558s maybe I should pick them up!
  • afterburnt
    edited July 2017
    if they beat out the 558s maybe I should pick them up!

Well, of course, is a matter of taste, something that I am sorely lacking in but I don't think you will hate yourself for gambling 50 bucks on em. My guess is that the 558 like having a bit more power so they seem to sound better on the Micro than the Nano. I am not sure of the specs but the Micro is above the Nano in all respects.