Storing LP's/Laserdiscs

EndersShadow
EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
edited July 2017 in The Clubhouse
So since Ph0t0Fuk|t is holding everyones pictures hostage, and the Vanilla search function isn't super useful, what are folks using thats fairly inexpensive to store their LP's?

I have probably one carton OR LESS of LP's and Laserdiscs and dont plan to add to this list much, but want to store it right.

Any suggestions welcome. Likely wont be something I keep out visible either, so it doesn't HAVE to be pretty, but it does add bonus points :smile:
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

Comments

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    You can just bring them over to my place and I'll store them for you :)
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Do you have an IKEA near you? This is how I have always stored mine.

KALLAX shelf (used to be EXPEDIT)
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/series/27534/
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    edited July 2017
    Dan, you know the rules...you must list an asking price :p:D:D

I use some storage bins I found at Target. I don't have many LP's, so I only have a couple. I can't seem to find them online now, but if I come across them I'll post the link.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
  • EndersShadow
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Milk crate

Those are still pricey from what I'm seeing.....

I found a way to make do with what I have so my needs are done, but post away for others....

I like those Expdit units and will prob buy one for my loft for toy storage and deflection lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    https://www.amazon.com/Organize-All-31501W-Small-Crate/dp/B00ZBNMUAY/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499569955&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=leather+milk+crate

Here's the one's I use. Kind of a "leather" milk crate. Works well and looks pretty good.

This thread inspired me to spin the black circle today. First time since moving into this house a little over a year ago. I think (hope) I'll be listening a little more frequently than once a year as it sounded really good.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Well once upon a time they was pretty free out behind the local convenience store go for the heavy nylon fiberglass type not the plastic.... Don't ask me how i know :p

pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Milk crate

• EndersShadow
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    This thread inspired me to spin the black circle today. First time since moving into this house a little over a year ago. I think (hope) I'll be listening a little more frequently than once a year as it sounded really good.

I need to get my TT worked on as its not spinning right.... Once I get my TV wallmounted I plan to leave enough space between the TV and rack for the TT to go on when I use it every once in a while.

My new setup doesnt allow it to stay out 24/7 which is fine because I have a VERY LIMITED collection, and I'm ok w that. Its the Nostalgia that I enjoy.... just like my Laserdisc players hehehe......
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    I found this cost effective LP shelf from target....which matches my current stuff pretty well. Excuse the mess....y69agkl4pcnt.jpg
  • EndersShadow
    Hoarding a Salamander door I see lol......
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,497
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    Do you have an IKEA near you? This is how I have always stored mine.

KALLAX shelf (used to be EXPEDIT)
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/series/27534/

I must agree I just picked up 3
    One 16 cube and two of the 8 cube models.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Yes....I'm debating on putting back on over the section which holds my amp on one shelf and a bunch of untidy stuff underneath. The back of this section is completely open and the sides have that black screen material option Salamander sells
  • EndersShadow
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Yes....I'm debating on putting back on over the section which holds my amp on one shelf and a bunch of untidy stuff underneath. The back of this section is completely open and the sides have that black screen material option Salamander sells

Love me Salamander stuff. I will post here in a couple my solution lol...
  • EndersShadow
    edited July 2017
    So as I sold one salamander rack cause it was too big... I found ANOTHER ONE that was JUST RIGHT.....

ru422ctdttqr.jpg

And initially in that my wife wanted to store these:
    r37jt7q3mrf7.jpg

Well I said "F THAT" and said we will find somewhere for those. That space is for THIS

kq4ivbvdslb1.jpg

And problem solved.... for now at least.... I have a couple more display pieces I want to put in the rack that will kick the LP's out (namely 2 laserdisc players and 2 vintage Stereo Recievers)
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    So as I sold one salamander rack cause it was too big... I found ANOTHER ONE that was JUST RIGHT.....

ru422ctdttqr.jpg

And initially in that my wife wanted to store these:
    r37jt7q3mrf7.jpg

Well I said "F THAT" and said we will find somewhere for those. That space is for THIS

kq4ivbvdslb1.jpg

And problem solved.... for now at least.... I have a couple more display pieces I want to put in the rack that will kick the LP's out (namely 2 laserdisc players and 2 vintage Stereo Recievers)

I almost picked up one of those APS units for $20 the other day. Lady had two and would let them go for $40 total. Damn BTS shopping killed my budget.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Enders, is that an Anthem AVR?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • EndersShadow

Yes sir, MRX-500...... LOVE IT SO MUCH SO SO SO MUCH!
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited July 2017

It sure is... it's my old MRX-500. GREAT AVR. If the HDMI out didn't fail on me, it would still be pulling weight in my HT... I'm glad Dan's putting it to good use!
  • EndersShadow
    I almost picked up one of those APS units for $20 the other day. Lady had two and would let them go for $40 total. Damn BTS shopping killed my budget.

Where? And why didnt you man, 40 bucks for 2 of those is nothing.......

If I didn't have a whole home surge protector I'd still be looking for another one (and because I'm OCD I may still) for my bedroom.

The APC H10, H15, and Belkin PF30 and PF60 are great models. Also the Tripplite LCR2400.

Furman and Panamax also make good units but they tend to be pricey and hold their value more...
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Anthem is good stuff, I have a 225 integrated that I just love also.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662

Where? And why didnt you man, 40 bucks for 2 of those is nothing.......

If I didn't have a whole home surge protector I'd still be looking for another one (and because I'm OCD I may still) for my bedroom.

The APC H10, H15, and Belkin PF30 and PF60 are great models. Also the Tripplite LCR2400.

Furman and Panamax also make good units but they tend to be pricey and hold their value more...

Local FB buy/sell groups. I had the cash but after paying off a whole credit card and making double payments on the others I wasn't left with much. I then remembered school starts soon and despite how much I pay in child support I still make sure to take care of clothes. After clothes, back pack, supplies (double supplies as I donated to charity) and shoes I was dead broke.

Bet you she still has them though, might push my luck in a week.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member