WTB: Polk LSi7 or LSi9

Looking for a pair of preferably LSi7 or LSi9 to round out a surround setup. Also prefer wood grain color side trims.

Located in Socal.
2Ch Tube Audio Convert

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Wohhh, that is misinformedly or desperately cheap for LSi7s.
    I disabled signatures.
  • aboroth00
    aboroth00 Posts: 1,103
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Might be a long shot since you're in SoCal, but I saw this listing from the Central Valley. No affiliation, but it's the lowest price that I've seen for lsi7's.https://stockton.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-audio-lsi-bookshelf/6214635446.html
    rcazbvc64417.jpg

Thanks! That is pretty darn cheap. I shot an email over and maybe he would ship but it's unlikely the original boxes were kept.
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640

While I do have a set of LSi7s I could be persuaded to let go of, I am hesitant unless I can find something else I really enjoy to replace them.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • aboroth00
    aboroth00 wrote: »
    Might be a long shot since you're in SoCal, but I saw this listing from the Central Valley. No affiliation, but it's the lowest price that I've seen for lsi7's.https://stockton.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-audio-lsi-bookshelf/6214635446.html
    rcazbvc64417.jpg

Thanks! That is pretty darn cheap. I shot an email over and maybe he would ship but it's unlikely the original boxes were kept.

You're welcome, where about in SoCal are you in?

Making the move up to Orange County from San Diego right now. Are you a Socal resident as well?
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • aboroth00
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

While I do have a set of LSi7s I could be persuaded to let go of, I am hesitant unless I can find something else I really enjoy to replace them.

The LSi's are a very nice speaker. Perhaps some ribbon speakers are in your future to give you something different than the gear in your sig? I've been curious as of late picking up several inexpensive speakers to play around with because any upgrades are going to be cost prohibitive. Sometimes we just want something different, not necessarily better ;).

2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    If it's not too late, these just came up for sale near me... I could check them out and ship to you as well...

https://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/44633261
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• aboroth00
    daddyjt wrote: »
    If it's not too late, these just came up for sale near me... I could check them out and ship to you as well...

https://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/44633261

Thanks for the offer. It is very much appreciated, but I think at this time I'm really holding out for the cherry or real wood veneer to match the rest of the Lsi's and the living room decor.
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • EndersShadow
    edited August 2017
    DSkip wrote: »

Those aren't stock woofers. I wouldn't pay that for them.

You're right, they don't look stock. Still they must have value. As a dealer what would you price them at Skip?

I'd value them at Zero.

The reason they dont have stock drives is you cant get stock *woofer* drivers for the LSi series anymore, not sure about the tweeter. Polk sold out of them, and no one else makes them that I am aware of.

Meaning you have to either get as close as you can and be ok w that, or find a set of damaged speaker to plunder, or drivers for sale on their own. The later two can be hard to do.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • aboroth00
    Thanks guys. I was pretty excited when i first clicked on the link but then kept reading and saw that they aren't stock woofers. Funny thing is that I actually grabbed a pair of Lsi7's off fleabay in ebony for a decent price, but so getting a cherry cabinet would be a good buy, but at 200$ that's way too steep so I'll see if I can work with him on price. Might not be the most honest guy if he's selling speakers with mods and not divulging it.
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • EndersShadow
    Might not be the most honest guy if he's selling speakers with mods and not divulging it.

Or he just doesnt know......... I try to give the benefit of the doubt sometimes :smile:
  • aboroth00
    Might not be the most honest guy if he's selling speakers with mods and not divulging it.

Or he just doesnt know......... I try to give the benefit of the doubt sometimes :smile:

Lol. Indeed!

I was able to reach out to him and asked him where he got the speakers. Stated he got them off of CL and didn't know the woofers weren't OEM. He didn't take my 50$ offer.
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    Did you ever get these? I just saw this listing and would be happy to audition them for you: https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-audio-lsi9-bookshelf/6363762041.html