These any gud? Philips SHP9500S

afterburnt
afterburnt Posts: 7,892

Comments

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    They are around that price now for the last two years. Never heard them . They get incredibly amazing reviews on newegg? Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I would put my money on yes, especially at a third of the price. The more expensive Phillips headphones are better than the brand image would have you think.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • afterburnt
    Newegg pissed me off so I ordered Senn 650's. Now I should return the Philips but I want to hear em.
  • afterburnt
    I'm gonna keep em. I just found some money! I want to see if I like em better than my Sennheiser 558's for sound and comfort. I've heard that Sennheiser 650's have phenominal sound quality but can be uncomfortable for long periods. If I don't like the Philips I may karma them out although it's probably not good karma to give someone something that has been wrapped around my sick twisted filthy mind.
  • afterburnt
    First impression is these sound really good but they fit a bit weird. I may like the sound better than Sennheiser 558's
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Wow. That is saying a lot! Always wanted to get my ears on those. Just too many sets of cans laying around to justify purchase. Keep us posted on your thoughts. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    The most interesting headphones in the Philips line are the Fidelio X1 and X2 if you can find them, I have several headphones that are clearly superior but there's still something about the sound signature that keeps bringing me back, and the X2 are still the headphones I listen to the most.
  • afterburnt
    edited July 2017
    Well so far me and the ol lady agree that we like the sound of these better than the 558's. They have a more open sound and are just more enjoyable. Granted we only spent a few minutes comparing them with a couple of songs and I have yet to do that with my reference recordings. They are $52.99 on Newegg until tomorrow, certainly worth it although they feel a bit cheap on your noggin.