Dreaded Heart beat

My PSW505 12" has the dreaded heart beat. All it does is thump, no other sound comes out. Just a steady thump, thump, thump.

I know it is past the warranty period as I bought it 11/12/14. Is there a place I can send the amp into have repaired? Can I order just the amp without the rest of the speaker and box?

I have a PSW10 that is 2 years older that still works great.

Thanks.

Buzz.

Comments

• @blvdbuzzard, that PSW505 is still under warranty. There is a 3 year warranty on the amplifier board.

PM me with your name, address, telephone number, serial number, and where you purchased it. I can send a new amplifier board to you.
  • Thank you Mr. Ken

Buzz.
  • I have replaced the amp and now it tickles the toes again. It fills the small room very well. Sound is back to were it should be. Loren, who went on a tour at Polk with another guy from work (DXC was HPE), Pete, helped set this system up. Loren is an audio nut.

Here I was, fat dumb and happy thinking of a home theater in a box. Yes I did spend more, but what I have now is 100 times better than any HT in a box. I shopped and Loren watched sales, put it together and it is way better than going to the movies. It is not a monster system, yet it is sized to fit my little room.

I have (4) Monitor 30's, (2) Monitor 50's floor, (1) CS1, SW12 powered by a Pioneer VSX-5231 Rx

Thanks for bringing the sound back. I really missed the sub.

Buzz.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    It's good the sub is working again. Stick around. We'll help you spend more money!
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    I try all the time to spend his money on audio..... he turns and tries to spend my money on wood working tools
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Well here is a shot of my little setup. This was the first time I heard sound come out. I have done a few changes since then.

Spending the money is EASY, making it is the difficult part.

Buzz.
  • Oh, forgot to add, Loren, he is the Audiofile that got me to get this setup over the HT in a box. He is the one who cost me a lot of money, but I do have really great sound.

Buzz.