The DEMON is coming...

Options

Comments

• grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    Options
    Cute that everyone (as always) has to insist on investing money I assume they don't even have.

Congrats on the car, keep us posted on the delivery process.
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Options
    one per customer to be exact...

Actually you were pretty lucky to get dibs on one. I would have thought all orders and deposits were filled about the minute Dodge announced it. If you can afford to play with it, keep it! Keep all the wrappers and papers as I'm sure you know for when you do sell it. I'm sure you remember what people were paying for 78 Pace cars and 90 ZR-1's when they came out. Look at them today there not worth anything now. The Demon is different due to it's limited #'s and will eat most Ferraris & Lambo's. I think this is a good gamble to flip if one can afford it. There's a lot of guys out there with unlimited $$ that has to be the first on the block to get one in their garage.

My friend just bought a Hellcat for his daily driver and I'm looking forward to a ride in that.
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Options
    I'm surprised Dodge would let employees purchase limited edition stuff like this knowing they are probably just doing it to make a profit.

I wonder why every employee wouldn't buy one just to flip it? Sort of like insider trading.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited June 2017
    Options
    ^^That make absolutely no sense.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    ^^That make absolutely no sense.

Flew right over your head huh?

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    edited June 2017
    Options
    deleted...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Nice car John! Drive it around the block once and put it in your living room then just sit in it and go "VROOM VROOM!!!"
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    He'll have to put 50mi a year on it to keep her healthy
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    Options
    I'm surprised Dodge would let employees purchase limited edition stuff like this knowing they are probably just doing it to make a profit.

I wonder why every employee wouldn't buy one just to flip it? Sort of like insider trading.

You have no class.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

You have no class.

And not a clue.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    And rumor has it, halitosis.
    vmaxer wrote: »

You have no class.

And not a clue.

• Gatecrasher
    edited June 2017
    Options

You have no class.

And you do?

I only asked a question because it seems like it could possibly be seen as a conflict of interest. It's a legitimate legal question.

Automakers penalize dealerships for selling cars way above the MSRP. They don't want their products "scalped" like concert tickets. When a dealership gets caught selling limited edition cars way above the MSRP they are violating their contract with the automakers and are penalized.

I would think Dodge would frown upon their employees purchasing extremely limited cars with the sole intention of flipping them to make a huge profit. For one thing, they are doing what their own dealerships are not allowed to do.

It's true that regular people (non employees) buy and scalp cars like this but I've never heard of the company's employees being allowed to do it too. It could be looked upon as a conflict of interest.

It was just a question. I mean, if you can do it I guess it's OK but it just seems like the company may frown upon their own employees profiting from exclusive products. I know if I was manufacturing a product and was directing my retailers to do one thing with a product and then had other employees in the company doing something else there may be problems.

I don't know the answer to the question. That's why I asked. I guess since it one per person they might not care. I would take advantage of it too if I had the opportunity. It's a good investment opportunity.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    His plan is to sit on it for one.
    As for marketing, the bigger the hype the bigger the boost in the future. It's all about the hoopla
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options

I know. I was just being facetious. I really hope this is a good experience for you. Aren't you going to want to drive it just a little? B)

On the other hand, that thing will probably draw all sorts of attention from all sorts of people... Taking it out could become a real dilemma. What do you have in mind? Any chance of taking it to a track?
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

I know. I was just being facetious. I really hope this is a good experience for you. Aren't you going to want to drive it just a little? B)

On the other hand, that thing will probably draw all sorts of attention from all sorts of people... Taking it out could become a real dilemma. What do you have in mind? Any chance of taking it to a track?

I won't even crack the seal on the Demon Pack. Pristine is the key here. I figure I can run her about 500 miles or less without harming the value too much.. every inch of the car from top to bottom will be photographed and documented to preserve inspection marks and such, should it be needed down the road. Attention paid to all the tiny details now will pay off later.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

And it will never hatch. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »

More afraid of it having me for lunch....

• txcoastal1
    Options
    I like Bruce's vroom, vroom idea...add baby and some selfie's and you're a winner

• Gatecrasher
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I am holding the car for at least ten to fifteen years(at least my intent anyway)... what do you care for. And better yet, why are you commenting at all in my thread? Every post I make is met with the same snarky bs attitude from you.

Tell you what slick, stay the hell out of my threads and I will stay out of yours.

Now back to our topic...

Hey it was only a question. No need for the personal attack.

You can comment in any of my threads (and you do) so don't go getting all upset over a simple question. I already said I would make the investment too if it was allowed. I'd flip it right away if I could double my money.
  • BlueFox
    Options

That is true. That is a boatload of power to have on the street.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Gatecrasher
    Options

That is true. That is a boatload of power to have on the street.

I'd have to drive it at least once or twice.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

I won't even crack the seal on the Demon Pack. Pristine is the key here. I figure I can run her about 500 miles or less without harming the value too much.. every inch of the car from top to bottom will be photographed and documented to preserve inspection marks and such, should it be needed down the road. Attention paid to all the tiny details now will pay off later.

Sounds like a solid plan. Can't wait to hear about it when you take delivery.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Like I mentioned above...he'll have to drive it

Just as long as it stays under a grand in 15-20yrs

• Gatecrasher
    edited June 2017
    Options
  • BlueFox
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Sounds like a good car for a little old lady who only drives on Sunday. :)
    Post edited by BlueFox on

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Ahhh here we go... the thread crappers have come out in force tonight. If only @KenCustomerService worked on the weekends to see the passive-aggressive pissing and moaning that happens when he isn't working.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Today is that of a new moon, not much different than when it is full

• Gatecrasher
    edited June 2017
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Ahhh here we go... the thread crappers have come out in force tonight. If only @KenCustomerService worked on the weekends to see the passive-aggressive pissing and moaning that happens when he isn't working.

Reported.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    I mean no offense, but what a waste. Drive the dam car while it has warranty. If proper care is taken it will be as good as new with some miles on it. 3M that bad boy and have fun with it.

The car is very nice. I would die not cracking that demon package. And I would give it a $hit kicking every Sunday. You would be surprised what happens to a car just sitting there.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

This discussion has been closed.