Looking for suggestions on decent RCA interconnects.

Options
As the title states, I'm looking for decent (Affordable) RCA interconnects to hookup my Oppo 103D to my preamp, and the preamp to the Amp. The cables I need should be ~3 - ~6 ft. long.

I'm looking to spend no more than $30 - $40 per pair. Any thoughts\experience with the Monoprice Monolith (https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=18534), or Blue Jeans Cables?

Thanks in Advance.
HT:
Projector - JVC HD100, 100" Fixed Screen, A/V Receiver - Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH, Power Conditioner - Panamax M5300-EX, BluRay - Sony PS3, (2) ADCOM GFA 555 Bridged, Speakers - LSi 15, LSi C, LSi FX, Sub - 12" M&K VX-1250.

Living Room:
Schiit Saga, Parasound HCA-600, OPPO BDP-103D, LSi7

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Blue Jeans is a decent cable, so is Signal cable, or our own Douglas connection for your budget. Have to ask though, why 6 ft....kinda long for an RCA cable.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pablo_rodz
    pablo_rodz Posts: 331
    Options
    Thank you for the responses I said 6ft, because most off-the shelf cables I've seen are 1', 3', or 6'. The perfect length for me would be 4' to have some wiggle room in case I have to reconfigure the placement.

I will have to Google Douglass Connection. I've never heard of those.
    HT:
    Projector - JVC HD100, 100" Fixed Screen, A/V Receiver - Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH, Power Conditioner - Panamax M5300-EX, BluRay - Sony PS3, (2) ADCOM GFA 555 Bridged, Speakers - LSi 15, LSi C, LSi FX, Sub - 12" M&K VX-1250.

Living Room:
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Doug is @helipilotdoug

He is a forum member and a great guy....if you want 4' he'll make it for you

Send a PM
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • dannylightning
    dannylightning Posts: 233
    edited June 2017
    Options
    i got a bluejeans interconnect its very balanced sounding cable., they are pretty nice and they are made well

my audioquest evergreen is very impressive for a inexpensive cable.. its a little brighter than the blue jeans but sounds a bit more dynamic and lively. and i think it cost around 30 bucks for a 3 foot cable.

i have had more expensive cables that i did not like as much as the evergreen, for the money you cant beat it IMO

Cambridge Azur 651A
    Polk LSi M703
    Sonos Connect

• pablo_rodz
    Options
    Rick88 wrote: »
    Blue Jeans cables are my go to budget cables.
    Which from BJC, the actual BJC or their Belden cables?

Thanks!
    HT:

Living Room:
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,450
    Options
    You are dead to me.
    i got a bluejeans interconnect its very balanced sounding cable., they are pretty nice and they are made well

I disabled signatures.
  • dannylightning
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    You are dead to me.

what lol ?? if you are trying to buy a inexpensive cable they will do the job, there are better cables out there tho.
    Cambridge Azur 651A
    Polk LSi M703
    Sonos Connect

• msg
    Options
    But you can solder, man. You can build your own with better. That's cool if you just wanna be lazy, though. I won't judge.

(I've never tried BJC, for the record. I'm just partial to Doug and Furez. For the cost, cable quality, and improvements, obviously, and also because Doug is ultra cool and truly a pleasure to work with. This adds to the audio experience for me B) )
    I disabled signatures.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    Options
    pablo_rodz wrote: »
    Rick88 wrote: »
    Blue Jeans cables are my go to budget cables.
    Which from BJC, the actual BJC or their Belden cables?

Thanks!

The LC-1 from Blue Jeans is hard to beat for the $.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @pablo_rodz - I think that Signal Cable Analog Two Interconnects work just fine and they definitely won't break the bank. Club Polk/Polk forum members get a discount, just mention you are a member here to Frank before placing your order.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • msg
    Options
    You guys, too. Both. Dead to me.
    I disabled signatures.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    In complete seriousness... jump up to $100 and snag some 1.0 meter Furez from Douglas Connection. Perhaps you could diy it and save some money there.

I agree. You can not go wrong with Dougs Furez for the money. And he will make them to any length.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    The majority of my ICs are BJC, their Beldon ICs. or you can get their LC-1. They are well made, go on and off easily, and won't break the bank.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    Options
    Just bought some Anticable RCA interconnects. Level 1 new for $50 a pair. Just plugged them in yesterday. I like their philosophy and design and will be burning them in for the next few weeks. So far I like them.
  • msg
    Options
    Wow, lot of BJC users here. Interesting.

Curious as to the accompanying speaker cables in use with BJC ICs.
    Same? BJC SCs made with Canare?
    I disabled signatures.
  • pablo_rodz
    Options
    I found three pairs of 1 meter Audioquest Diamond Back for $130. Thoughts
    HT:

Living Room:
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    Options

Yes, BJC interconnects with BJC canare for speaker cables.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'd be too embarrassed to say I have BJ cables that I bought second hand from Richard.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • msg
    Options
    Can't comment.
    Per the rules.
    (ccptr)
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options
    pablo_rodz wrote: »
    I found three pairs of 1 meter Audioquest Diamond Back for $130. Thoughts

Those are good cables
  • msg
    Options
    Best shielded wire on the market.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    dxq1osa9ymvc.jpg

Why aren't those just the cutest thing ever
  • msg
    Options
    Looks like a good substitute for the MacGruber celery diversion.
    I disabled signatures.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Celery....I like celery.....
  • msg
    Options
    But do you like MacGruber celery. That is the question. And do you prefer it before or after the diversion.
    I disabled signatures.
  • dannylightning
    Options
    bleujeans also has belden speaker cables too.

Canare 4S11 or belden 5000 series are the two types of speaker cables they have available.

there interconnects are also made with belden cable..

as far as the beldon cabes, there just good basic cables that sound pretty full and balanced.
    Cambridge Azur 651A
    Polk LSi M703
    Sonos Connect

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,189
    Options
    Question for msg and DSkip, what raw cable do you recommend from Doug? I'm thinking of building a new pair of interconnects and possibly a digital coax for my DAC.
    I haven't bought any cables in about 10 years.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 616
    Options
    Thumbs up here as well for Douglas Connectors. The Bravo interconnect is well made and a good value.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Oppo 103D, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, KLH Model 5s, Polk CSi A6, Samsung 65" LED

Office
    Yamaha A-S501, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • msg
    edited June 2017
    Options
    billbillw wrote: »
    Question for msg and DSkip, what raw cable do you recommend from Doug? I'm thinking of building a new pair of interconnects and possibly a digital coax for my DAC.
    I haven't bought any cables in about 10 years.

Hey Bill, I used the standard Furez for SC, IC, and I think also digital coax, with the Vampire Connectors on the digital. I'll check my digital kit when I get home. Haven't completed those builds yet. For the ICs it was the FZ162.

If you want to step it up, go with the Furutech stuff.
    I think Todd had a set of Alphas built.

You can give Doug a call, too. He'll be able to answer any specific questions you might have and help you tailor your build.
    I disabled signatures.