Anyone buy ROG vanity vinyl?

http://runoutgroovevinyl.com/
"The project chosen by majority vote will be made available to order for 30 days, after which the title will go on press. "

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    edited June 2017
    Interesting. Can they press anything the fans vote for or do they have to get rights?

Always thought Chris Isaak's Baja Sessions needs to be on vinyl.

Wonder if this is something where they try to get masters, or just press from a cd.
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited June 2017
    msg wrote: »
    Interesting. Can they press anything the fans vote for or do they have to get rights?

Always thought Chris Isaak's Baja Sessions needs to be on vinyl.

Wonder if this is something where they try to get masters, or just press from a cd.

These are from Warner Music vault

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7743353/warner-music-new-label-run-out-groove-fan-driven-vinyl-only
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    ""With LP's you feel like you have actually got something worth having, to hold and read while you listen," Sergeant added. "I love the organic visceral nature of the record, a piece of plastic that can bring forth such wondrous sound. It’s all pretty weird when you think about it, some sort of wonderful sonic voodoo.""

yes, it is.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    ah, cool, from one of the guys from Echo & The Bunnymen. I'd have liked to have gotten in on that one.

So I've been skimming around the ROG site a bit and haven't come across this yet - are the records offered only going to be Warner artists/releases? I would imagine this is the only way it could work, but not sure?

I just sent them a message asking.
    I also asked whether there's a way to recommend an artist/album.
    I disabled signatures.
  • 55LS70
    55LS70 Posts: 184
    Just last week I acquired the MC5 album and it seemed like a pretty good recording although if I had to guess, I thinking it came from a digital master. But the pressing was of good quality and it sounded pretty good. I must admit I've only listened to it once and I was doing something else at the time.
    Decware CSP3 Preamp, RCA 6DJ8, 2 X Rocket 6N1P-EV's, Cary SLA70B Signature V2 Amplifier: 2 X Mullard GZ32's, 2 X RCA/GE 5691's, 4 X Tung-Sol 6550's

Cambridge Audio 640C V2 CD Player & Dacmagic DAC

Rega Planar 3: Deep Groove Subplatter, P3 Motor
    upgrade, Dynavector 10x5, JA Michell counterwieght, Cardas tonearm wiring and Mapleshade stand

Parks Audio Budgie Hybrid Phonostage with BEL 6922 tubes, Polk Audio LS70's

H.H. Scott 330D AM/FM Tuner with H.H. Scott 335 Multiplex adaptor.